Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Ipv4 problem

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 TeeHeeMonster

TeeHeeMonster

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

HI! New here need help when i click install in my network adapter setting it says "Could not add req feature:access is denied"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:34 AM

G'day and Welcome to BC

have you just updated to win 7 ?

If you go to device manager are there any yellow exclamation marks/red crosses ...?  

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 TeeHeeMonster

TeeHeeMonster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:34 AM

not at all

#4 TeeHeeMonster

TeeHeeMonster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:36 AM

I deleted my main user account though.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:40 AM

perhaps you had better establish another one......so that you will have administrator privileges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/create-new-user-account-in-windows-vista-7/

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 TeeHeeMonster

TeeHeeMonster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

I already did with admin rights.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:47 AM

What other problems were you having with this PC to start this in the first place ?

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 TeeHeeMonster

TeeHeeMonster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

I wanted to play hearthstone but you needed admin rights it was bugged that even if you had the rights you can't play so i created a new one with admin rights but then my ipv4 when I checked it was not installed so I clicked install but then again that pop-up popped out "Access is Denied" 

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:02 AM

Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.

Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run a  Command Prompt as an Administrator.  Allow elevation.

Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt , and then press the Enter key.

Do the same process for refreshing the TCP/IP just replace the typed command with.

netsh interface ipv4 reset   press Enter

netsh interface ipv6 reset   press Enter

ipconfig /flushdns   press Enter

Restart your Computer.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#10 TeeHeeMonster

TeeHeeMonster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:04 AM

When I type every time it says that i restart my pc do I need to do that or type and enter each then restart?

#11 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:09 AM

type the words in bold print.........netsh winsock reset.....then press enter after each one...........restart after you have typed them all in.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#12 TeeHeeMonster

TeeHeeMonster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:16 AM

after this what will happen?

#13 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:19 AM

I am hoping the Reset will clear issues with your adapter

GcnI1aH.jpg

#14 TeeHeeMonster

TeeHeeMonster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

Nope still nothing 

Attached Files

• Attached File  fail.png   419.51KB   0 downloads

#15 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

ok....sorry I cannot help you anymore tonight....snooze time for me...early start tomorrow.

Good luck.

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users