Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Space...Where Did It Go?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Taralynn56

Taralynn56

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533928/cleaning-up-my-main-drive/ - Hamluis.

My husbands computer can hold 232 gigs of hard drive. He barely had a few photos, and no music or videos on his computer. Just a few applications of card games, maybe 2. He also had Office 2010.  Over night his hard drive filled up leaving him with only 5 gigs free. I have looked all over the drives and see nothing out of the ordinary. Does anyone have any ideas?  I am running a full scan on it right now with the paid version of Avast. 

I do appreciate anyone who gives me their time... Tara

taralynn7@gmail.com

Edited by hamluis, 11 May 2014 - 10:33 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

You can use a tool like WinDirStat to investigate exactly what files are taking up what room on a partition/drive.  You might want to try it.

Louis

#3 Taralynn56

Taralynn56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

Thank you.  I believe I found the culprit.  Hubby drives a tour bus so he was updating his Garmen. It saved over 150 gigs of backup files...and they were all not in the same place either.   I looked in the back up files deleted, then I did a search of back up files on the c-drive. Found 60 more gigs of back up files.  I am pretty sure it was the Garmin.  Thanks for your help.  I am going to use that program to see what else I might fine.  Thanks again...

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

:thumbup2: , happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users