Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My mal-ware programs aren't finding the redirect virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WolfmanJack1959

WolfmanJack1959

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

I have found that when I go to one particular website, which is for Channel 5 in Nashville TN, that it won't go to newschannel5, but to a bunch of ad sites. I run mal-warebytes, etc., and it's not being detected at all. This is annoying as can be. I don't know what to do to get rid of this problem.

Edited by hamluis, 11 May 2014 - 09:42 AM.
Moved from AV/AM Software to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

I just went to http://www.newschannel5.com/ and it shows up just fine

Since you said you go to one particular website, I imagine you do not have issues with any other website

#3 WolfmanJack1959

WolfmanJack1959
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

Just that one. That's why I think something in Firefox has attached itself to the url for that page on my laptop. It's weird.

#4 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

It sounds like your laptop computer could use some maintenance

--- Somewhere along the way, it appears one of the ads popped up and the rest is history

--- I've had a few times that I have clicked on something for my newspaper but within a split second an ad popped up

--- I should have waited for the website to fully load before clicking on an article I wanted to read

I don't use Firefox so I'm not familiar with proper maintenance procedures for them 

However, clear out your internet cache, delete cookies, run disk cleanup and whatever else you do

Also run AdwClwaner from BC's Downloads list: It's an excellent adware cleaner upper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users