Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Driver

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:00 AM

Hi,

I've just installed an EVGA GeForce GT 610 graphics card. I don't have the original disc for it and I'd appreciate some advice on finding the right driver for it. I went to this site: http://www.evga.com/support/download/ and downloaded the "GeForce 600 Series Family" software which worked at first, but when I restarted the graphics were all messed up and I got a code 43 error from the device. I'm struggling to find the correct driver. Could someone please tell me what it is?

Thanks,

Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

I definitely downloaded the right version from here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us but when I restart, I get the same code 43 error and messed up graphics.

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

Re-seat the card or try a different slot.

Uninstall the driver from safe mode, restart and do a clean install. If you still have problems, the video card may have a problem. Safe mode may work fine because it will not use hardware acceleartion, if it always crashes with the full version driver, I would try to boot to linux, something like mint: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php to rule out a windows problem.

If there is any crashing in linux my guess would be you have a bad video card.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 RobertMizell

RobertMizell

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

Re-install the video card drive. You can download it from Nvidia official website. you can easy find it by google. 

#5 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

I tried uninstalling in safe mode and there was one program that wouldn't uninstall which was "NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.13.1220". It gives the following error:

"There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2/installer.{3003F852-CFB4-40F5-939C-A2B32494D8F5}\NVI2.DLL

The specified module could not be found"

I've got the exact driver from the Nvidia website now and I've installed it several times.

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

Try to uninstall that program from normal mode. There may be an nvidia removal tool, I will search for one.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#7 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

I could not find an nvidia software removal tool so I suggest revo uninstaller you can download that here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/revo-uninstaller/

The instructions are here: http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Using-Revo-Uninstaller

You can skip step 1 in those instructions.

The next step if uninstalling completely and re-installing does not work would be to test from a linux live disc. Linux will help us determine if this is hardware related or software related.

Edited by zingo156, 13 May 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#8 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

Please let me know what the make and model computer is as well as the exact model video card (pci or pci-e etc...).

#9 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:27 AM

I installed Revo Uninstaller, but it didn't find any Nvidia software. The graphics card is an EVGA GeForce GT 610 2GB PCI-E. I built the computer myself. Here are the components:

Processor - Intel Q8300 Core 2 Quad (2.50GHz/4M/1333/05A/Socket: 775)

Motherboard - ASUS P5N-E SLI

Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GT 610 2GB

Hard Drive 1 - 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue

Hard Drive 2 - 3TB Western Digital

Hard Drive 3 - 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Optical Drive - Sony AD-7240S-0B 24x Internal DVDRWRAM SATA Black Bare

RAM - Kingston 2 x 2GB PC2-5300 DDR 667 240Pin; 2 x 2GB Unbranded

#10 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

I would suggest trying a bootable version of linux to rule out a windows related issue...

What is your power supply? Having power problems can cause issues like this. If linux has similar problems and you have a different video card to test with, I would try a different video card. If you have not already tried the card in a different slot in the motherboard (if you have 2 pci-e slots) it would be worth trying this as well.

#11 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:50 AM

My PSU is a 500 Watt Seasonic. I only have one PCI-E slot. I'm downloading the iso from here: http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu Is that correct? I know how to change the boot priority to boot from the disc, but what do I do then to test the graphics card?

#12 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

That version should work fine. If there is a problem with the video card, you might see it when it boots to linux, if not try to run some full HD video on youtube in linux. If there are any strange artifacts or crashes in linux, I would suspect you have a bad video card.

#13 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:24 AM

I booted into Linux and the graphics seemed fine in high res. I tried playing a video from my hard drive which didn't work, I just got these wavy lines in Dragon Player. I tried playing some 1080p videos on Youtube, but they would only play in 360p. I got a message about installing Flash.

#14 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

Some versions of linux have flash pre-installed. I have not used kubuntu, if it said to install flash, I assume you would need to install it. The 2 versions I tend to use is Mint: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php and then the regular ubuntu. In my experience linux mint works well for testing purposes.

#15 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

I reinstalled Revo Uninstaller and this time I was able to delete the last bit of the Nvidia software that wouldn't go before. I started my computer up this morning and had the same problem with the graphics being messed up, so I restarted and booted into Mint and everything was fine. I could play high def videos and they looked great. Then I restarted and went into Windows and the graphics are still fine. I haven't needed to reinstall the drivers like I usually do. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users