Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard to find virus I have no idea what to do...?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silamir

silamir

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

Hi, joined this site hoping I can get some help as internet searches haven't so far.

I got a virus from downloading a fake version I guess of a program which I didn't realize until too late on the 9th. AVG immediately caught a Trojan and other things and said it got rid of them. but to be safe, I tried using SuperAntiSpy and it kept freezing so I installed Malwarebytes. I had Malwarebytes do a scan and it told me to restart after it finished so I did, after computer restarted it said it was connected to the internet but nothing internet related would/will work. I found atieclxx.exe in task manager, which I know would be a part of my gfx card, but it wouldn't let me see the file location for it and it wouldn't let me end it, said access denied. Also found VOPackage and was able to end that. That didn't help, so I tried restoring to a previous date, then I started getting bad image errors on any running task. I've been running scans in safe mode, but nothing is being found. I found a random folder called 003 in my program files and deleted the exe file in there that I searched and found to be a bad file. I tried installing SpyBot instead but that one ended up being blocked by the bad image problem. But nothing has worked and I am at a loss on what to do and I need this computer and its programs for work.

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 silamir

silamir
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:15 AM

The first scan I did with Malwarebytes did find a few things but I can't recall what they were.

#3 silamir

silamir
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:08 AM

Well I seemed to have fixed it by choosing the earliest restore point I could (which wasn't that much earlier) from my windows disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users