Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluescreen, graphics card related?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

I've been getting this bluescreen for a while now sporadically upon start up.  Usually, I just reset and it'll run fine the next time.  But now my computer has been running really slow.  Everything from opening files, videos, browsing the internet has all become very very slow or unresponsive (kill page etc.).  I thought it  might be HDD related failure but i think it might have more to do with graphics card ?

here is the blue screen info i took snap of.  If anyone can help decipher what this error message means, it would be helpful thanks!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:51 AM

Update your video card drivers. Also maybe the computer is overheating.

#3 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:09 AM

Thanks, I'm using a backup graphics card right now from NVidia GeForce205.   I'm attempting to update the drivers now.

The computer temp shouldn't be the  issue as it's only around 38 C.

I'll update on how things go after the update and if the computer runs fine afterwards or if I keep getting BSOD and unresponsive computer.

#4 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

Ok after updating the drivers, it installed with success and I rebooted and so far I'm not getting anymore of the BSOD.

However, my computer is still running sluggish when trying to open video files or even surfing the net.  For example, when I want to play a video file, it takes about 2 or 3 minutes for it to actually start playing after I double clicked it.  When I'm surfing the net, simply to load any website, it takes 3 or 4 minutes to load or sometimes it won't load at all and says, "page is unresponsive, wait or kill?".  But I can run video games no problem and it plays smoothly with no lag or freezing.

My internet is also fine as I have 2 computers side by side and it the net runs fast and smooth page loading on the other one.  

I thought it might be a failing hdd but my main hdd is fine, and my backup HDD was getting an imminent failure message from Active SMART even though all the status is OK/Green and got a pass in Seagate hdd tester too.     

Not sure what is causing my video files from opening so slowly and my internet pages becoming unresponsive.

#5 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

Try unplugging the backup HDD and see if you still have the slowdowns

#6 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

Yes i tried that already.  I still had the slowdowns.

For some reason it is only happening to Chrome, IE, and videos files, picture files (they all load slowly or unresponsive), and even things like trying to access the START menu and slideout programs takes forever to open.   But I'm able to play video games with no slowdown.

FireFox works fine and pages load normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users