Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS input not supported

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Babblecat

Babblecat

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

I have recently finished building my first computer running Ubuntu. When turning it on, BIOS shows up, but the resolution of the OS is off center and fuzzy. I could not fix this. Later, I turned on overclock genie. This fixed the resolution of the OS, but whenever I turn on the computer, instead of seeing BIOS, it displays "Input not support". This goes away within a few seconds, and the OS is booted. If I change the amount of RAM to reset it, it will display BIOS again, but the OS will be blurry. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have an A88XM-E45 motherboard.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

This is because of a difference in the resolution settings in BIOS and the resolution needed to support the OS.  Settle for the Skewed BIOS and let the OS load the driver for itself and all is well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users