Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Steam application and steam games crashing during online play

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SumAsianGuy

SumAsianGuy

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

Over the past months, ive had problems with games such as borderlands 2 and payday 2 where during online play my game would freeze along with the steam application, and I would have to restart both. Recently I have been having this problem with Dark Souls 2. It only occurs during online play and I have no idea what to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

Hi and Welcome to BC.  

I am not a game or Steam expert, but, according to Steam, certain issues can be corrected by resetting the 'ClientRegistry.blob'. The instructions below are for Win XP or Vista or Win 7. 

For more information, go here for Steam support. 

Exit from the Steam client

Locate the file on your computer called ClientRegistry.blob

This file will be located wherever your Steam folder is on your computer (normally in C:Program Files\Steam)

Rename the file (call it ClientRegistryOLD.blob)  

Restart Steam 

See if that resolves your issues. 

Edited by Stolen, 12 May 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#3 SumAsianGuy

SumAsianGuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

Nope, games still crash while playing online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users