Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router is randomly disconnecting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheHunter159

TheHunter159

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hey people!
About 3 weeks ago I got a new PC (Which probably started the problems I will be writing here)
Few days later after connecting my new computer our router randomly disconnected the internet for all of the computers (All lights were perfectly fine, nothing red, internet & DSL are on)
We have 3 computers in our house, Mine, my dad's and my little brother's.
After the disconnections being so obvious, I called my ISP and told them about the problem, they told me to switch a router at the local store, but nothing changed.
After calling them again they sent me a technician after about a week to look for problems, he told me that there might be a problem with a network card in one of the computers that probably crashes the internet and makes the router get stuck, but he said it's a very low chance (Reminding that this all started when my PC arrived) as he said that the router and all the net cables were fine.
To test the problem with the network cards he told me this and so I did:

Disconnecting the cables from the router and trying loading the internet by downloads \ games, etc.. for about 2 hours, for each PC (only this PC stays connected to the router)
The problem occurs only when my brother's PC and mine are online, if one of them is offline the internet works perfectly for the other computer.
I have no idea what the problem can be, my internet works perfectly if my little brother's pc is offline, and the same for him if mine is offline, but if we are both connected, the internet disconnects every 10 minutes and stays down until we unplug, wait and plug the router back.
My dad's PC doesn't cause any trouble as much as I see.

Could that be that they gave me a bad PC? This PC is from one of the most reliable PC companies in my country (my old PC was from them)

Specs:
MY PC:
i5 4570 3.2Ghz
8GB ram 1600mhz
GTX 770 2GB (or 4, can't remember)

My dad's PC (I used this PC for the last around 4-5 years, bought from same PC company)
E6600 2.4Ghz
4GB RAM 667mhz
GTS250 1GB

My little brother's PC:
i3 something (he's PC is currently off)
4GB RAM
GTX 460 1GB

All computers are using Windows 7 64bit.

On a complete different topic, this PC has lots of blue screens, at least 2 per day, either 00000050 or #B something.

Any help would be really appriciated.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 May 2014 - 10:41 AM.
moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:36 PM

Two things that comes to me based on your post.

:step1: Install the latest network driver and BIOS for the motherboard and or support site if available. BIOS updates contains hotfix, patches that could resolve many issues.

:step2: Usual causes:  Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus,  Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS

this PC has lots of blue screens, at least 2 per day, either 00000050 or #B something.

Could be related to #1 as software or #2 isolating by replacing the bad card.

http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000050

Edited by jhayz, 10 May 2014 - 09:37 PM.

Tekken

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

The PC that is 3 weeks old gets BSoD? If you bought it locally take it back. if you bought it online call them. There is no way a new PC should be BSoDing. While I agree with jhayz and what he wants you to try if you had the computer for a year or so, but 3 weeks old? doing those things might void a warranty if you have one. Contact who you bought it from.

Unless you built it then by all means follow his advice =)

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 TheHunter159

TheHunter159
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

Thanks guys, I'll look at it later, it's a bit late here, where I live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users