Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant do a FULL system restore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GoofyRedneck91

GoofyRedneck91

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

Trying to completely restore my computer but it wont let me go back past a certain restore point that is yesterday. I need to completely wipe it. Any suggestions on how i can go about it to get past those restore points?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GoofyRedneck91

GoofyRedneck91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

Also, i am running Windows 7 Ultimate. I dont need anything off this computer since it is my gaming comp. And I have everything that i need to put back on it once I can get it completely restored. Just having that problem of getting past the system restore points.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

A restore point is not the same thing as a system recovery (which some people also call restore).

Restore takes you computer back to the way it was on a particular date and time.

RECOVERY will reset your system back to factory condition, exactly how it was when you first got it out to box and has nothing to do with restore points.

Please clarify that you want to do a RECOVERY. Also post the manufacturer/model number of you computer. With computer information someone will be able to tell you how to do the recovery.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 10 May 2014 - 12:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users