Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old guy overwhelmed by old computers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clueless in Seattle

Clueless in Seattle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

Hi!

I'm an old guy disabled by worsening chronic illnesses that make it difficult for me to spend much time at my computers anymore. But, as I've become more and more housebound I've become more and more dependent on my computers as my last link to the rest of the world.

Due to my limited income I've had to rely on hand-me-down hardware and software which have become so outdated and worn out  that my computers barely function at all anymore.  Can you believe that I'm still running MS-DOS 6.21 on three different computers?!  And my main email computer, which seems to have had a stroke and now only runs in safe-mode, has been running on Win 2K.   I know!  I know!  I have to play catch up!  But I'm about as worn out as my old computers, so it ain't so easy for me anymore.

I'm hoping I can find some help here in updating and upgrading my system so that my computers will again be working for me, instead of working against me, which is the way it feels to me these days.  :wink:

I have good days and not-so-good days.  And I'm afraid today is one of the latter, so I'm going to have to head back to bed now,   But I'll be checking back in here again as soon as I get my strength back.

Will in Seattle

a.k.a. "Clueless"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

Welcome, Will! Hope you are feeling better after some rest. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users