Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Advice on Best Methods to Restore to Factory Default

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JannEd

JannEd

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Hi guys!! Haven't posted in forever here!! I actually know what I am going to do, I just need to know which action is better. I just bought an Acer Aspire from my best friend. Fantastic machine! She and her fella used it maybe 6 times and decided it wasn't what they wanted, put it on a shelf for a month or two and decided to sell it. I don't know what they did those 6 or so times but I need to take it to factory settings. Is it better to use the Advanced Recovery (not the restore point dealie) or the recovery you do after powering down the machine? There is nothing I want off there so backing up anything isn't in the works. After I am done and back to factory, I need to know the location on the system for burning dvd recovery discs. I am still an old lady, so be gentle!!!

Thank you!

Jann

Edit: 

Split this topic from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533296/can-i-re-install-windows-7-without-a-discalso-using-new-storage-drive-ssd/ at the request of staff

~stolen

Edited by Stolen, 10 May 2014 - 12:24 AM.
request of staff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

Hello Jann! Better to start your own topic!!

Instructions

Consider what data you still need from your Acer Aspire One's hard drive. Save the files to an external USB device.

Restart the Acer Aspire One's operating system. Wait for the Acer logo to appear on the LCD screen.

Press the "Alt-F10" keys at the same time to bring up the recovery menu. Press "Enter."

Click "Next." Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to restore the operating system back to factory settings.

Use the drop-down boxes to select the time zone and language information for your Acer Aspire One. Restart the netbook when you are prompted to finish restoring the computer.

Connect the external USB device to your Acer Aspire One and transfer the data you saved earlier back to the netbook.

#3 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

Hello Jann!!

Step 1

Click "Start" and then click "All Programs."

Step 2

Click the "Acer" folder to expand it.

Related Reading: How to Use Recovery Disks for Acer Laptops

Step 3

Click "Acer eRecovery Management." Click "Yes" if a dialog box appears asking your permission to run this program. The Acer eRecovery Management program window opens.

Step 4

Select "Backup."

Step 5

Click "Create Factory Default Disc."

Step 6

Click the drop-down arrow to the right of "Burn To" and then select the disc drive you'll be using to burn the recovery disc set to. The number of blank discs that you'll need appears to the right of It.

Step 7

Insert the first blank disc and then click "Start." The disc will be ejected after all of the information it can hold has been burned to it and you'll be prompted to insert another disc. Remove the first disc and label it "Disc 1." After inserting the next disc, click "OK" to begin burning data to that disc. Continue removing, labeling and inserting discs. Continue this process until the program is finished burning the recovery disc set.

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Hello Jann, please follow donetao's instructions from steps 1 to 3 in post 3 above.  However, when you open Acer eRecovery you can restore your computer to factory condition from a hidden partition.  To do so please refer to the picture below and select "Restore" then "Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults"

Acer_e_Recovery.jpg
20mb image hosting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users