Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning A Wmv File Onto A Dvd

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:59 PM

How can I convert and burn a WMV movie file onto a DVD?

Basically, my class had a project in which we used Windows MovieMaker to create documentary videos. Now, my teacher would like to play these movies on her classroom DVD player; however, both herself and I don't know how to make it so that we can convert and burn these WMV files onto a DVD and play it. Any and all help would be appreciated by tommorow morning (before 8:00 AM).

Edited by Elendil, 22 May 2006 - 10:02 PM.

Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DarkRaika

DarkRaika

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:37 AM

OK

The easiest way around your trouble is to download a program like Movie Factory 3 or Nero Vission Express. These programs are used for creating movies with a menu system just like the ones you see and rent from a video store, or purchase off the shop. They are capable of taking all sorts of movie types such as MPG, AVI including WMV and making a movie DVD out of them.

If you know of a way to say turn a AVI or MPG to a DVD format but you can't cause its the wrong file type and you don't want to download another piece of software. Then I sugest you find yourself a converter that will convert the file type to a WMV file type and then burn it to a DVD.

Other problems could be you are using the wrong DVD type for the burner or the DVD player your using is not compatible with the DVD media you are using.

Have fun :thumbsup:

DR

31337 is a prime number .... 1337 is not .... go figure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users