Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install/uninstall anything

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 macedo540

macedo540

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

Well, I suspected that my computer was infected then asked a friend for help, he sent me a link with a step by step to run a lot of tools and make sure the computer was safe.

I followed the instructions and used the following tools:-

But after all the procedure, I got some problems with my pc.

Like I said, I'm not being able to install and uninstall anything, also I can't run anything as administrator nor run .reg files. In all these cases, I got a message saying ""The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

I suppose that the problem was a .reg file I used do enable the "UAC" at the end of all the procedure. Even though my UAC was already disabled before everything, I thought it was a good idea to enable just in case... 

Does anyone knows what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advanced.

PS: I have attached all the logs from the tools I used.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 09 May 2014 - 05:04 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:26 AM

Hello macedo -

From your basic post you do have "Compromised or Infected files" on this computer -

From Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Report =>
PWCrack-SnadBoy => NOTE SnadBoy is a hack tool for the Windows platform.
Across all ThreatExpert reports, the file "revelationhelper.dll" has always been identified as a threat.
What you have is called a PUP or Potentially Unwanted Program (usually a Rogue application)

Also - PUP.Optional.Softonic.A \ SOFTONIC\Universal Downloader (Tracking Downloader)

From Hitman Pro report =>
Program is altered or corrupted since it was code signed by its author. This is typical for malware and pirated software.
The file is located in a folder that contains core operating system files from Windows. This is not typical for most programs and is only common to system tools, drivers and hacking utilities.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

Please follow these directions and repost to our Experts for the best help.

Please follow the instructions in this Preparation Guide starting at Step #6

NOTE - If you cannot complete any step, skip it and continue.It is better to post a good description of your system and problems, rather than post nothing -

Once the proper DDS logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it to => Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs. area - Not Back Here

They can use other tools to find the problem that we can not use in this area.

If HelpBot replies, please follow its Step #1 and the team will be notified.

Tell me when you post the new topic so we can close this one and only let the Experts fix your problem.

#3 macedo540

macedo540
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

Well, I tried to run the DDS but got the same message "The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

Should I create a new topic with these logs I already have?

Thanks in advance.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

Yes Please -

See below as already posted for you.

NOTE - If you cannot complete any step, skip it and continue. It is better to post a good description of your system and problems, rather than post nothing -

Simply describe that DDS would not install and "these" are your problems.

Then post a link to the new topic back here, so your problems will only be handled by the Experts .........

I can then lock this topic to prevent incorrect instructions being posted -

#5 macedo540

macedo540
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Created: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534011/cant-installuninstall-anything/

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

Thanks for the information.

Please wait for an Expert to add you to their tasks, but it may be a day or 3 (as they seem quite busy)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users