Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a good gaming PC?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gartonia

Gartonia

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

So, I'm trying to build a gaming PC and I've googled and researched, and I think I've finally come up with a decent gaming PC. So please let me know if this is a good gaming PC, a bad gaming PC, or anything in between:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Gartonia/saved/4CWa

Edited by Gartonia, 09 May 2014 - 10:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

There are 2 builds in that list which one would you like us to review. Also both of them I would recommend a different hard drive. You can get 2TB 7200RPM drives for around $99. You could throw in a samsung evo 840 ssd to increase load times. I would not recommend a core 2 quad anymore with i5's or i7's out.

Motherboard: Asus mainboards are what I use...

CPU: I would be looking into the haswell or ivy bridge intel i5 for a budget gaming rig or possibly go amd 8 core.

Ram: you can get by with 8gb for most games and situations DDR 1600 is fine. Get 2 sticks so you can use dual channel.

PSU: Corsair or something similar with a single 12v rail try to give yourself 20% headroom so you are not maxing the psu out.

Video cards: nvidia 760, 770, 780 are all good, amd 7950, 7970, 280x, 290, 290x are all decent. It depends on your budgit. With nvidia you have the advantage of physx which in some games can matter.

The case is not a big deal but you want something with good airflow and a few fans, get at least 2 fans if not more...

The rest you can decide on, hard drives fail so have a backup plan or run a mirrored raid 1 or raid 5 etc. Maybe get an ssd to help speed things up.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users