Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PS3 Lag? =/

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sogin

Sogin

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

So, I lag a lot when playing Saints Row 4. not so much when I am just running around at normal speed or when fighting, but when driving or using my super speed/ leaping through the air I have a bad frame skipping issue. Driving is very difficult when being chased. I am using a High Speed HDMI. TV in Standard mode(No gaming) as to remove and reduce the video enhancement on the TV(Because who needs false sharpening? Never good.) I set the PS3 as far as I know correctly for my TV disabling all resolutions but the default 480P and 720P which is what my games run in. I disabled the PS3's smooth scaling and such but I still have such bad frame rate issues. Anybody have any idea if there's another setting I am missing or what is going on?

PS3 is new..So, no build up in Data and I already rebuilt the systems files and such.

Edited by Sogin, 09 May 2014 - 08:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 I have a computer...

I have a computer...

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

It could just be the game. I have a PS3 but I do not have this game but some other PS3 games I have lag when lots of stuff is happening at once or if its auto-saving while I'm doing something.

But I heard that theres something in the options menu called vsync, (There are some people talking about it here) but I am not sure if its available in PS3 version.

Anyway, apparently people were saying that if you turn it on it will lag more but the screen will tear less, and if you turn it off it wont lag as much but the screen will tear more.

So if that option is there in the PS3 version try turning it off and see.

If it is just the game then all you can do is play it or wait for an update to fix it. (If at all)

Edited by I have a computer..., 11 May 2014 - 08:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users