Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jDanial

jDanial

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

Hi there,

I have a customer who brought his son's laptop which is given by the school he goes to. This laptop gets connected to WiFi but when you try to open a website, it displays a custome built webpage that says ´this webpage is not available´. i tried to find out the program or utility that is doing this, eventually i found out that PNW is the thing. I disabled by using msconfig utility, and now i can open almost any website except google.com, when i try google home page it says this page has some problem with its security certificate... on my own computer i can open google homepage without any problem. 

Iºll really appreciate if someone could explain me the function of PNW and the reason why google homepage is not downloading.

regards,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Only if...you tell us just what PNW is supposed to represent.  I see no such program, using Google.

And...just how did you determine that whatever PNW is...is the crux of your problems?

Louis

#3 jDanial

jDanial
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

Well, I am sorry that I could not respond here... Though I am not sure why after disabling PNW I was able to access most of the websites but my problem has been solved. The reason why Google homepage and Facebook was not being accessed was that the system time was not correct and a program called Parents Care was password-protecting it. The issue has resolved easily once i found out the password for "Parents Care".

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

Nice work...thanks for letting us know.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users