Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Task Panes in Exp. Windows, Some Exp Win. blank End exp.exe fixes briefly

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 freesk73

freesk73

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

Problem (trying to be in order)

1.Task Panes in all Explore windows either do not appear or they are there at boot and then disappears later.

2. The Network and volume icons don't stay on the task bar...See problem above the task panes are showing in explorer window at boot. I right click properties to check mark the volume and networking icon. They appear just fine. I then open an explorer window and the Task Pane is gone. if I don't check off on  the volume and network icons right off the bat the task pane hangs around for awhile.

3.At boot I open the control panel click on personalize it's fine.  After running the computer awhile browsing looking at PDF's I click on control panel,  personalize and only get a white explorer window all icon respond the same.I should say it can be My Computer Network any of them in the start menu or any explorer window for that matter.

I can open up task manager stop the process explorer.exe. Restart with new task Fixed. But it will not hold. 

I have found a lot of fixes close to my problem and tried them. To no avail. I have one that I wanted to show you.

net stop readyboost
net stop slsvc
net start slsvc
net start readyboost
@cls

Put this in a bat file and executed it haven't done anymore with it until I get some real advise directed at these nonspecific/specific issues

Rebooted and went through a system recovery attempted repairs and got restart. 

I have run CClearner to keep my Internet browsers clean. I do disk clean up on a regular basis. I have defraged my hard drive. ! don't have a lot of disk space. This computer was working fine and then all of the sudden.

I need some advice please.Gosh i hope I explained this with enough details I'm here to give more info.
Thanks in advance.

Hello I am looking at process explorer from your site. I will see if i can learn anything from this. I also have read that the Service Shell Hardware Detection should be turned off.......there are so many things to read that I'm afraid i will just make this worse...if i don't get a base starting point. Thanks

Edited by freesk73, 09 May 2014 - 02:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

What % of space is left on the HDD? If it's less than 5 or 10 percent, the machine can have strange problems.

When did you last run an AV scan?

#3 freesk73

freesk73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

I have a tiny HDD 138G with 42G free

Microsoft Security essentials runs It runs everyday and malwarebytes runs every morning

I'll run another one using something else.

Edited by freesk73, 09 May 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

Thirty percent free space is passable.

What service pack are you running?

How much RAM are you running?

Make /model of PC?

#5 freesk73

freesk73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

Windows Vista Business 32-bit SP2

Dell Vostro 200

Intel Pentium E2160 @ 1.80GHz 52 °C
Conroe 65nm Technology

2.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)

I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and found a few things but nothing that was a big concern all Non-Malware 

I've gotten my Windows update to work all the old updates are no longer listed now. (.Again when I can open it.)

I also had to fix my system restore it had no shadow copies I believe when I can open it it's working fine

I don't know if this will help.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Application Timestamp: 49e01da5
Fault Module Name: SHELL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18646
Fault Module Timestamp: 4fd23a92
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 002c5ee3
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

The Windows User-Mode Driver Framework detected that a driver host-process did not complete a critical operation within the allowed timeout period.  
This report contains information about the process and the drivers running within and will be used to improve the quality of these drivers.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: WUDFHostProblem
EventClass: HostProblem
Problem: HostTimeout
DetectedBy: 2
UMDFVersion: 6.2.9200.16384. (win8_rtm.120725-1247)
ExitCode: 103
Operation: 3
HardwareId: USB\VID_1286&PID_4E20&REV_0400
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
memory.hdmp
minidump.mdmp

Thanks by the way

Edited by freesk73, 09 May 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#6 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

Perhaps the  SHELL32.dll has corrupted. See this... http://dll-repair-tools.com/dll-files/what-is-shell32dll .

#7 freesk73

freesk73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

Well solved re-installed Vista ha ha new set of issues now. Thanks for all your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users