Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keyboard not working in win 8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gotsaed

gotsaed

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hi I have a new Toshiba notebook with windows 8 and all of a sudden my keyboard doesn't work. That is - it works for logging in, but as soon as I have typed in my password and come on to the start side it doesn't work anymore. I can work with the mouse and monitor keyboard but the laptop keyboard is out. Does anyone have any idea!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 flippermipper

flippermipper

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

Look for an icon that looks like an alarm clock in the tray.  This is the accessibility feature.  Bring up accessibility and untick "use filter keys" then press OK.

You can also go to Start>Control Panel>Accessibility Options.

Good luck!

#3 gotsaed

gotsaed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:31 AM

Hi Flippermipper

That really worked - I don't know how I turned that on 

thanks a lot.