Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frenchman96

frenchman96

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

Although I have disable the need to use a log in password, when I go into User Accounts, it shows that my account is password protected.

A-I don't want it password protected
B-how can I remove that comment

Edited by Queen-Evie, 08 May 2014 - 02:05 PM.
removed image which had email address in it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

How did you disable the log in password?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

frenchman96, I removed your image because it included your email address.

Anytime you post an email address in a public place you are giving spammers a chance to use it to send you more spam. They can also spoof your email address-which they use as the sender address making it appear as if you sent spam.

Consider your email address as personal information. Protect it as you would all your personal info such as phone number, address, bank/credit card numbers, etc.

If you wish to re-post the image RIGHT click on the image and choose edit. Paint or another program will open with the tools you can use to erase the email address from the image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users