Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One For The Books (a Real Puzzle To Me)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 van1934

van1934

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:09 PM

i am having a real problem. when i go to my e-mail or any online page it will only show part of it and the other part of the page says "this page cannot be displayed". i am going to try and post a screen shot of this for you because its hard to understand. thanks van. thought i could do this but i guess i dont know how. i did alt + print screen then came to this email and pressed control + v but nothing happened. i need help. van

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:42 PM

Hi van1934,

Generally that means the page cannot be found for some reason. Try clearing your browsers cache and cookies.

I have seen this message display for a few reasons... I use a HOSTS file and a few programs that block out bad/ad sites. Do you have any of these things in place? Is the section blocked a place where an ad will be displayed? I am assuming that more that one site is being blocked in this section. Did you recently remove spyware from your computer?

pressed control + v but nothing happened.

That captures the image of your screen. Open a graphics editor like Paint, MS Photo Editor, Irfanview...etc and paste your image into that program. You should be able to save a .jpg file there.

Questions, just ask!

good luck,
rigel

Edited by rigel, 22 May 2006 - 07:46 PM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. – Will Smith

#3 van1934

van1934
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:15 AM

thanks rigel. most of the time where the picture is blocked would have ads in that space but not always - sometimes it will display the ads along the side and at the top just like a normal page. i have been trying all morning to get you a picture of what i am talking about. i have saved a picture in Paint and in Notepad but cannot get these pictures into this message i am sending you now. have tried the http route but it just copies it not give me a hyperlink that will take you to my picture. i also have this picture in Photobucket but dont know how to move it to this reply and have it work. im frustrated! can you help me? thanks van.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:14 PM

If you have the image in Photobucket, just copy the URL, and paste it into your next post.
Here's a tutorial that will help you out:
How to take and share a screen shot in Windows
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 van1934

van1934
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:02 PM

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/van1934/

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/van1934/YahooPage.jpg
<embed src="http://w66.photobucket.com/widgets/Bucketshow.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="ffffff" width="300" height="300" name="Bucketshow" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="url=http://w66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/van1934/&amp;name=Puzzled"></embed>

thanks tq1911. i read the tutorial. i can copy and paste all the pictures i want but no matter what i do i cant get a clickable hyperlink to show you my problem. above are pictures of what i have on photobucket. i also have a picture (albums) but cant get it to you. any ideas. i really give up. i dont understand how everyone else can do this but me. i follow the instructions and can do everything but make a workable hyperlink. dont give up on me! van

#6 van1934

van1934
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:06 PM

tq1911. i just noticed that the links i posted actually work, aint life good. the picture of what i have been talking about is the Yahoo picture. theres only two listed anyway. hope this will help. ive been workiing on this so long i nearly forgot my original problem. thanks, van

#7 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:42 PM

Sorry for the delay responding.

To me it looks like ads are being blocked - or places where commercal site would normally be. Generally that is good, but if this is new, you may want to run virus and virus scans to see if something is lurking. Please go through BC's Start Here post. Scan your computer for viruses and malware. If warranted, post a HJT log in our HJT forum.

Let's us know if you have any questions...

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. – Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users