Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS G51J Will not boot into Windows and is powering off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jackleg1

Jackleg1

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

I have an ASUS G51J notebook running Windows 7 Home Premium. i7 processor, 8GB RAM, 500GB SATA Drive. The notebook will attempt to power up whether the A/C power cord is plugged in or if it is just running on batteries. Upon powering up the notebook, a Republic of Gamers icon comes up and and you can hear a sound like an explosion through the speakers. Also , on this screen it gives me the option of F2 to enter setup menu or F12 to enter pop-up window. Even though it gives me this option, it will not allow me to perform these actions nor will it allow me to hit F8 to try and boot to safe mode. It will allow me sometimes to hit F9 which (from my experience with ASUS) usually takes you to system restore, but in this case takes me to something called ASUS Webgate which allows me to connect to the Internet, Skype, Chat, etc. but does not allow system restore or any type of diagnostics. I am trying to reload OS. Do not care about data on HD. I have a bootable copy of Windows 7 Home Premium with a legitimate product key but can't seem to get it to boot to that either. Is there any way to troubleshoot what is causing the problem hardware wise. I am fairly certain it is a hardware issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Jackleg1

Jackleg1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

I have found the issue causing the symptoms. The power supply was not consistently providing power to the battery, therefore the battery was drained and the notebook could not obtain adequate power from A/C or battery.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users