Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word 2010, design mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bearjaydog

bearjaydog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

Hello

I've just signed up because I've struggled to find a way to do the following.  Please bear in mind I'm not very computer confident, everything takes me forever.

For work, I've been trying to make a pro forma document and have activated the developer tab.  I've learnt how to insert drop down lists, date pickers and plain text.

What I now want to do is the following:  In a sentence I want to use the plain text content control to enter a reference number in the middle of a sentence.  So far so good I can do that.  But I want that reference number to appear in several different other places in the word document.  Is there a way I can link these places and only enter it once yet it appears in all the places?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Mark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users