Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving Pictures From Walmart

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to save the large versions of the pictures from Walmart product listings you see in the middle of the screen when you hover over the smaller picture on the left, but I can't seem to do it. You don't get a menu when you right click on the picture and I can only find the small versions when I search Google Images. 

Help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

It can be done but it has to be done in a round-about way.

When the larger image is shown use prt sc key on your keyboard to take a screenshot. Open up Paint, paste the screenshot into Paint.

If you want only the larger image without all the other stuff on the page and you have a version of Windows with the snipping tool you can then use the snipping tool to isolate the larger image after you paste it into Paint. Then save the snip. If you keep the larger page view in Paint, you will have to save it. If you snip the image from Paint, you don't have to save the Paint image if you don't want to.

Paint image, which has the advantage of the URL in it and could come in handy in the future.

walmart-image1.png

snip image
walmart-snip-image.png

edit to add: when you take a screenshot you will not see anything happen.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 May 2014 - 10:17 PM.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Can you try using the Windows Snipping Tool instead?

Edit : Using Windows Snipping Tool

LrZNlVe.jpg

Tekken

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

When I tried to use the snipping tool the larger image disappeared when I opened the snip tool. That's why I didn't mention using it to simply snip the image from the page.

#5 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

Thanks for your help, however I was hoping to get the whole picture rather than just the part that was viewable in the box when zoomed in. 

I've worked out how to do it now though. You go to Tools => Developer Tools which gives you a split screen with the code beneath, then you click on the magnifying glass and double click the small picture and it'll take you to the link to the picture in the code which you can click on. You can then click each of the small pictures on the page and the link will appear in the code for the large version of each.

Thanks again,

Joe

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

Thank you for posting the solution you found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users