Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote screen display for video presentation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 m1ckrz

m1ckrz

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

I have a Director who wants to remote into a PC connected to two TVs. He needs to maintain the current session (so the screens don't drop to login prompt). RDP won't work and RA is too inconvenient (he needs to be able to keep a consistent connection). I tried TeamViewer also, but he doesn't want to share his screen remotely, he wants to remotely control the server's screens.

Before I go any further, I wanted to check with the pros.

I would rather not go the route of remote KVM because its such a headache. Could I use a VNC server?

Thanks in advance for all the top-tier advice and tips!

Edited by hamluis, 07 May 2014 - 02:12 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m1ckrz

m1ckrz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

I got everything working using TightVNC. Only issue I had was convenience. The only way to have a fully protected machine is to have VNC authentication (remote protection) and a local-user authentication (local protection). That said, the VNC server provides all the required functions I needed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users