Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems After Updating

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vabarb

vabarb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533528/cant-boot-after-windows-update/ - Hamluis.

HI,

I had exactly the same problem - closed down and selected apply MS updates and when I booted up this morning - would not boot, or repair.  In safe mode it hung at exact same place classpnp.  Don't blame gf... no one interfered with my shut down or boot up.

any help here would be appreciated... any one have any thing from MS on latest updates? 

I will try to get the last update number I applied.. but it would have been the most recent W7 64bit - no SSD in my laptop.

thx

Edited by hamluis, 07 May 2014 - 11:42 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

Hello! I see your topic has been moved and no one is replying. Are you still having a problem?

You could try this.

1. Insert the Recovery/Install DVD into the computer

2. Boot off of the DVD. When you first start your computer, the first screen you see should give you the key combination to press to enter a 'multi-boot' menu. On Dell's this key is F12 but it varries by each manufacturer. Once you find it and are at the multiboot menu, choose to boot of CD/DVD

3. When prompted (after it has booted to the CD/DVD) choose "repair my computer" and enter the command prompt

4. Type C: (with colon) and press enter

5. Then type cd c:\windows\winsxs and press enter

6. Then type del pending.xml and press enter

7. Restart your computer

That should kill any pending updates.

PS I found this on the internet. Worthy a try!!!

Edited by donetao, 07 May 2014 - 04:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users