Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop keeps shutting down

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael_C

Michael_C

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

Not sure if this is a hardware problem, but my Laptop keeps shutting down between 5-10 minutes is there any solutions to resolve this problem ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 NextHopRouter

NextHopRouter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

What kind of laptop? What operating system?  Does it just power down abruptly and completely, or hang? 

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

It could be over heating, I recommend dusting it out for certain. It could be the power adapter, battery, or just about anything else.

To dust it out, use canned air or an air compressor and blow through the intake and exhaust ports (where the fan intakes and exhausts) be careful if you use an air compressor not to over speed the fan. Use a low psi such as 40psi or less.

Don't forget when using a laptop not to block the intake, on some models the air intake is on the bottom, using the computer on a bed or even your lap might block the air intake and cause it to over heat and shut down.

Edited by zingo156, 07 May 2014 - 08:31 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 NextHopRouter

NextHopRouter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

It could be over heating, I recommend dusting it out for certain. It could be the power adapter, battery, or just about anything else.

To dust it out, use canned air or an air compressor and blow through the intake and exhaust ports (where the fan intakes and exhausts) be careful if you use an air compressor not to over speed the fan. Use a low psi such as 40psi or less.

Don't forget when using a laptop not to block the intake, on some models the air intake is on the bottom, using the computer on a bed or even your lap might block the air intake and cause it to over heat and shut down.

+1  - This forum really needs a "+1" or "like" button.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users