Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Profilactic Computer Scan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Writer

Writer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

Hello, I am wondering if I can look here for help to be sure my computer is uninfected? My computer is working fine, but I wolud like to some experts look at the logs.

I am using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version), Zone Alarm (free version), Avire Antivir (free version) and Hijackthis. I have Windows 7 64-bit.

Is it possible to diagnose my computere here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

Good evening. :)

Please go here, follow step six, and then post accordingly into this thread. Also, pay a visit to the ESET Online Scanner.

• Click the Run ESET Online Scanner button.
  • If you are using any other browser than IE, you will be prompted to download and run esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and the scan will run from within the window that the executable opens.
  • Regardless of which browser you are using, you will be shown some terms and conditions and you will need to accept these to continue.
  • If you are running IE for this scan you will then be prompted to allow an ActiveX component to be downloaded, unless you already have it installed, and the scan will run inside IE.
  • When you see the Computer Scan Settings window, you will need to make the following changes:
    • UNCHECK Remove found threats - this is important.
    • Check Scan archives
    • Click on Advanced settings
    • Check Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Once ready, click Start to begin - not a surprise really!
  • The anti-virus definitions will now be downloaded, so don't forget to allow them through your firewall if prompted.
  • The above will take a little time, so now is a good time to fire up the kettle and open the biccies.
  • Once the scan has completed you will be shown the results - assuming that the scanner has found anything.
  • Click List of found threats and then Export to text file... and save the log somewhere convenient.
  • You can then close out the scanner - don't bother uninstalling it as you may need to use it again.
  • Please post the contents of this file in your next reply, or let me know that nothing was identified.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

#3 Writer

Writer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Thank you for posting, I scaned my computer with DDS. I start scan with ESET but only about 80% and I canceled. Sorry for chaos I made here.

Everything is fine with my Pc.

Problem solved!

PS. Just tell me:

Does DDS Tool need to be uninstall? I unistalled ESET form control panel - is that all I guess?

I run delfix and checked all boxes. Before run delfix I close all programs except Windows explorer and Control Panel.

Edited by Writer, 07 May 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#4 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

Good afternoon. :)

Does DDS Tool need to be uninstall?

no, just delete the file and the logs that you created.

I unistalled ESET form control panel - is that all I guess?

Yes.

#5 Writer

Writer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Thank you, I run also delfix and checked all boxes. I hope that didn't do anyting wrong... My PC works fine.

#6 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

Good afternoon. :)

If the PC works OK then it's all good. As this issue appears to have been resolved, this thread is now closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users