Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite Hard Drive problem/BSOD

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lee-Enfield

Lee-Enfield

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hello, Coming here once again for help.

Apparently our Toshiba Satellite laptop has been having a BSOD for a while and i didn't know about it, But my mother came to me the other day ( after the laptop had been running very very hot ) and said that it had stated that it had started in a special version of windows after a hard disk error and the drive should be backed up.

It warns that there is a problem with the hard drive and requests you run a back up.

(We've run a backup recently and appear to have all our stuff available ) One thing that puzzles me is the laptop appears to be running on an old version/backup with many programs and files missing.

I'm wondering If i need to purchase and replace the hard drive on it, and what diagnostics can be run to pinpoint the problem and what needs to be fixed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

Is the computer starting in Safe Mode?

Safe Mode run a very few files and drivers.  One of the drivers it doesn't run is the driver for you specific graphics, it runs a native driver.  This make the image look almost like a cartoon by comparison.  You would also see a lack of icons since some of the applications are loaded in Safe Mode.

Is there more than one user account on this computer?

If there isn't is there only the one account requesting a password?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Lee-Enfield

Lee-Enfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

The computer is not starting in safe mode.

There is 1 user, but the computer is dual booted and has been without issue for a while.

The main user account does request a password but logging in isn't an issue.

I can link you to some previous issues we've had with the laptop etc.

but there are definetly files missing and it keeps warning about a hard drive issue.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

Do you know who the manufacturer of the hdd is?

If you don't, you can remove it from the laptop to see who it is.  Once I have that information I can find a diagnostic tool to run in order to determine the condition of the hdd.  

If you post the model of this Toshiba I should be able to find instructions or even a video for removing the hdd.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Lee-Enfield

Lee-Enfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

I'll check, shouldn't take me long to remove it.

Im assuming it is the HD simply because it keeps telling me that and requesting i back up lol

Toshiba Satellite A665-S5170

#6 Lee-Enfield

Lee-Enfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

IMG_20140506_134109698_HDR1_zpsd95e22b7.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

Go to this Toshiba website and download their Windows Diagnostic Tool version 1.12 and run the comprehensive test.

Let us know the results.

#8 Lee-Enfield

Lee-Enfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

About to run that now.

And i see the message it gave, its a message saying " You have logged into a temporary profile...." etc.

that explains the missing files and other items we can't find.

going to run windows diagnostics tool

#9 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

Give some attention to the "very very hot issue" it is also of extreme importance!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#10 Lee-Enfield

Lee-Enfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

Okay I have downloaded the Diagnostic tool, But when i click Run test i get a "Please select drive to test" message.

Yet i cannot seem to make it select anything. Help?

#11 Lee-Enfield

Lee-Enfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:18 AM

On start up i recieved an option to run a WIndows Diagnostic Tool, which checked the memory. Once it started up i got a box that said it had found no errors with the memory.

I also ran chkdsk c: /f /r  . And it managed to start up up normally with all my information visible. though it still seems to be running very slowly.

By just downloading and opening that windows diagnostic tool program i was unable to run anything as i could not seem to select anything  and clicking run test simply gave me a "please select drive " error message.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

Let's get some more information.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

mbamreplace_zps3ead4824.png

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions

mbam4_zps23e52ad4.png

5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes

mbam4_zps490948cc.png

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

#13 Lee-Enfield

Lee-Enfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/JsTjjyz67Nhra6jux8iZaDq

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version:21-04-2013
Ran by Michael (administrator) on 07-05-2014 at 09:53:59
Running from "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Computer Maitenance"
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (05/07/2014 09:53:43 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Windows cannot load classes registry file.
 DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified.

Error: (05/07/2014 09:53:43 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 09:51:56 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 09:51:56 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:14:52 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:14:52 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:14:04 AM) (Source: Toshiba App Place) (User: )
Description: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Number must be either non-negative and less than or equal to Int32.MaxValue or -1.
Parameter name: dueTime
Stack Trace:
   at System.Threading.Timer..ctor(TimerCallback callback, Object state, Int32 dueTime, Int32 period)
   at System.Timers.Timer.set_Enabled(Boolean value)
   at SnappCloud.ActivationReminder.AraClient.PostInit()
   at SnappCloud.ActivationReminder.Program.Main(String[] args)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:13:21 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:13:20 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:12:39 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

System errors:
=============
Error: (05/07/2014 09:43:01 AM) (Source: NetBT) (User: )
Description: The name "MICHAEL-PC     :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.5.
The computer with the IP address 192.168.1.8 did not allow the name to be claimed by
this computer.

Error: (05/07/2014 09:43:01 AM) (Source: NetBT) (User: )
Description: The name "MICHAEL-PC     :0" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.5.
The computer with the IP address 192.168.1.8 did not allow the name to be claimed by
this computer.

Error: (05/07/2014 09:43:01 AM) (Source: Server) (User: )
Description: The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{079C4058-9DDD-4E5D-B0E8-6FA3D7DE448C} because another computer on the network has the same name.  The server could not start.

Error: (05/07/2014 07:49:13 AM) (Source: NetBT) (User: )
Description: The name "MICHAEL-PC     :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.5.
this computer.

Error: (05/07/2014 07:49:13 AM) (Source: NetBT) (User: )
Description: The name "MICHAEL-PC     :0" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.5.
this computer.

Error: (05/07/2014 07:49:13 AM) (Source: Server) (User: )
Description: The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{079C4058-9DDD-4E5D-B0E8-6FA3D7DE448C} because another computer on the network has the same name.  The server could not start.

Error: (05/07/2014 07:12:44 AM) (Source: NetBT) (User: )
this computer.

Error: (05/07/2014 07:12:44 AM) (Source: NetBT) (User: )
The computer with the IP address 192.168.1.11 did not allow the name to be claimed by
this computer.

Error: (05/07/2014 07:12:44 AM) (Source: Server) (User: )

Error: (05/07/2014 07:11:41 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The PMEM service failed to start due to the following error: 
%%1275

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (05/07/2014 09:53:43 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service)(User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error: (05/07/2014 09:53:43 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 09:51:56 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 09:51:56 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:14:52 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:14:52 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:14:04 AM) (Source: Toshiba App Place)(User: )
Description: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Number must be either non-negative and less than or equal to Int32.MaxValue or -1.
Parameter name: dueTime
Stack Trace:
   at System.Threading.Timer..ctor(TimerCallback callback, Object state, Int32 dueTime, Int32 period)
   at System.Timers.Timer.set_Enabled(Boolean value)
   at SnappCloud.ActivationReminder.AraClient.PostInit()
   at SnappCloud.ActivationReminder.Program.Main(String[] args)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:13:21 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:13:20 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (05/07/2014 07:12:39 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service)(User: NT AUTHORITY)

CodeIntegrity Errors:
===================================
  Date: 2014-05-07 07:11:41.294
  Description: Windows is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\PMEMNT.SYS because file hash could not be found on the system. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

Date: 2014-05-07 07:11:41.104
  Description: Windows is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\PMEMNT.SYS because file hash could not be found on the system. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

Date: 2014-05-06 21:12:16.641

Date: 2014-05-06 21:12:16.469

Date: 2014-01-23 17:04:06.425

Date: 2014-01-23 17:04:06.254

Date: 2014-01-23 09:14:50.078

Date: 2014-01-23 09:14:49.922

Date: 2014-01-18 17:33:51.227

Date: 2014-01-18 17:33:51.009

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

2012 National Construction Estimator (Version: 1.00.0001)
Adobe Flash Player 13 ActiveX (Version: 13.0.0.206)
Adobe Flash Player 13 Plugin (Version: 13.0.0.206)
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.06) (Version: 11.0.06)
Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6 (Version: 11.6.8.638)
Amazon MP3 Downloader 1.0.17 (Version: 1.0.17)
AnswerWorks 5.0 English Runtime (Version: 5.0.7)
Avira Free Antivirus (Version: 14.0.3.350)
Best Buy pc app (Version: 3.0.0.0)
BZFlag 2.4.2 32Bit (remove only)
CCleaner (Version: 3.28)
CDBurnerXP (Version: 4.5.1.3868)
Chief Architect Premier X5 (64 bit) (Version: 15.2.1.0)
Chief Architect Viewer X3 (Version: 13.4.2.0)
D3DX10 (Version: 15.4.2368.0902)
DHTML Editing Component (Version: 6.02.0001)
EPSON NX410 Series Printer Uninstall
EPSON Print CD (Version: 1.50.000)
EPSON Printer Software
EPSON Scan
EPSON SP1400 Reference Guide
GIMP 2.8.0 (Version: 2.8.0)
Google Chrome (Version: 34.0.1847.131)
Google Earth (Version: 7.1.2.2041)
Google Earth Pro (Version: 7.0.1.8244)
Google Talk Plugin (Version: 5.3.1.18536)
Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.23.9)
Google+ Auto Backup (Version: 1.0.21.81)
HWiNFO64 Version 4.14 (Version: 4.14)
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Version: 8.15.10.2281)
Intel® Management Engine Components (Version: 6.0.0.1179)
Intel® PROSet/Wireless for Bluetooth® + High Speed (Version: 15.8.0.0548)
Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software Driver (Version: 15.08.0000.0249)
Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software (Version: 15.8.0)
Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (Version: 15.08.0000.0172)
iSEEK AnswerWorks English Runtime (Version: 010.000.0101)
Java 7 Update 55 (Version: 7.0.550)
Java Auto Updater (Version: 2.1.9.8)
Java™ 6 Update 20 (Version: 6.0.200)
JMicron Flash Media Controller Driver (Version: 1.0.44.1)
Junk Mail filter update (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Label@Once 1.0 (Version: 1.0)
Lotus NotesSQL 3.01 driver
Lotus SmartSuite - English (Version: 9.7.0)
Mesh Runtime (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (Version: 4.5.50938)
Microsoft Application Error Reporting (Version: 12.0.6015.5000)
Microsoft Office 2010 (Version: 14.0.4763.1000)
Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (Version: 14.0.4763.1000)
Microsoft Office Starter 2010 - English (Version: 14.0.4763.1000)
Microsoft Silverlight (Version: 5.1.20913.0)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] (Version: 3.1.0000)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.61001)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17 (Version: 9.0.30729)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.4148 (Version: 9.0.30729.4148)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (Version: 9.0.30729)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 (Version: 9.0.30729.4148)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (Version: 10.0.40219)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (Version: 10.0.40219)
Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard 1.52
Motorola Mobile Drivers Installation 5.1.0 (Version: 5.1.0)
Mozilla Firefox 28.0 (x86 en-US) (Version: 28.0)
Mozilla Maintenance Service (Version: 28.0)
MSVCRT (Version: 15.4.2862.0708)
MSVCRT_amd64 (Version: 15.4.2862.0708)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) (Version: 4.20.9870.0)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) (Version: 4.20.9876.0)
Notepad++ (Version: 6.5.1)
Paint Shop Pro 7 Anniversary Edition (Version: 7.0.4.0000)
Photo Story 3 for Windows (Version: 3.0.1115.11)
Picasa 3 (Version: 3.9)
PlayReady PC Runtime amd64 (Version: 1.3.0)
PlayReady PC Runtime x86 (Version: 1.3.0)
POV-Ray for Windows v3.62 (Version: 3.62)
PrintMaster 12
Quicken 2010 (Version: 19.1.1.27)
Quicken 2013 (Version: 22.1.12.7)
RealDownloader (Version: 1.3.2)
RealNetworks - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime (Version: 9.0)
RealNetworks - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime (Version: 10.0)
RealPlayer (Version: 16.0.2)
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver For Windows 7 (Version: 7.20.503.2010)
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (Version: 6.0.1.6069)
RealUpgrade 1.1 (Version: 1.1.0)
SketchUp Pro 8 (Version: 3.0.16846)
Sony Preset Manager 2.0e (Version: 2.0.88)
Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 (Version: 9.0.232)
Speccy (Version: 1.26)
swMSM (Version: 12.0.0.1)
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver (Version: 15.0.8.1)
System Requirements Lab for Intel (Version: 4.5.15.0)
TheBrain 7 (Version: 7.0.4.5)
Toshiba App Place (Version: 1.0.6.3)
TOSHIBA Application Installer (Version: 9.0.1.1)
TOSHIBA Assist (Version: 3.00.11)
Toshiba Book Place (Version: 2.0.5271)
TOSHIBA Bulletin Board (Version: 1.6.08.64)
TOSHIBA Disc Creator (Version: 2.1.0.2 for x64)
TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER (Version: 3.01.2.12-A)
TOSHIBA eco Utility (Version: 1.2.18.64)
TOSHIBA Face Recognition (Version: 3.1.3.64)
TOSHIBA Flash Cards Support Utility (Version: 1.63.0.6C)
TOSHIBA Hardware Setup (Version: 1.63.0.26C)
TOSHIBA HDD Protection (Version: 2.2.0.4)
TOSHIBA HDD/SSD Alert (Version: 3.1.64.6)
TOSHIBA Media Controller (Version: 1.0.80.8.64)
TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in (Version: 1.0.8.0)
TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor (Version: 1.7.1.64)
TOSHIBA Quality Application (Version: 1.0.3)
TOSHIBA Recovery Media Creator (Version: 2.1.0.4 for x64)
TOSHIBA ReelTime (Version: 1.7.16.64)
TOSHIBA Service Station (Version: 2.1.40)
TOSHIBA Sleep Utility (Version: 1.4.1.2)
TOSHIBA Supervisor Password (Version: 1.63.0.9C)
TOSHIBA Value Added Package (Version: 1.3.19.64)
TOSHIBA Web Camera Application (Version: 1.1.1.16)
ToshibaRegistration (Version: 1.0.4)
TurboTax 2011
TurboTax 2011 WinPerFedFormset (Version: 011.000.3351)
TurboTax 2011 WinPerReleaseEngine (Version: 011.000.0496)
TurboTax 2011 WinPerTaxSupport (Version: 011.000.0222)
TurboTax 2011 wrapper (Version: 011.000.0121)
TurboTax 2012 (Version: 2012.0)
TurboTax 2012 WinPerFedFormset (Version: 012.000.2309)
TurboTax 2012 WinPerReleaseEngine (Version: 012.000.0474)
TurboTax 2012 WinPerTaxSupport (Version: 012.000.0186)
TurboTax 2012 wrapper (Version: 012.000.0127)
U3Launcher (Version: 1.0.0)
Utility Common Driver (Version: 1.0.52.1C)
Ventrilo Client for Windows x64 (Version: 3.0.8.0)
WampServer 2.2
Web Easy Professional (Version: 9.0.0)
Web Easy Professional 9 (Version: 9)
Windows Driver Package - SafeNet, Inc. USB  (03/09/2006 7.3.0.0) (Version: 03/09/2006 7.3.0.0)
Windows Live Communications Platform (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Essentials (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant (Version: 7.250.4225.0)
Windows Live Installer (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Language Selector (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Mail (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Mesh (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Control for Remote Connections (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Messenger (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live MIME IFilter (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Movie Maker (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Photo Common (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Photo Gallery (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live PIMT Platform (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Remote Client (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Client Resources (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Service (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Service Resources (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live SOXE (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live SOXE Definitions (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live UX Platform (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Writer (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Writer Resources (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
WinRAR 5.00 (64-bit) (Version: 5.00.0)

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 45%
Total physical RAM: 3890.68 MB
Available physical RAM: 2121.28 MB
Total Pagefile: 7779.53 MB
Available Pagefile: 5653.79 MB
Total Virtual: 4095.88 MB
Available Virtual: 3983.7 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: (TI106045W0C) (Fixed) (Total:382.48 GB) (Free:310.2 GB) NTFS
2 Drive d: (Windows XP) (Fixed) (Total:200.2 GB) (Free:189.32 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\MICHAEL-PC

Administrator            Guest                    Michael                  

========================= Minidump Files ==================================

No minidump file found

**** End of log ****

Quarantined Items:
===================
Vendor: PUP.Optional.Incredibar.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:49, Type: File, Location: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\vzl6e28o.default\prefs.js
Vendor: PUP.Optional.Incredibar.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:40, Type: Registry Key, Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\GOOGLE\CHROME\EXTENSIONS\dlnembnfbcpjnepmfjmngjenhhajpdfd
Vendor: PUP.Optional.Incredibar.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:49, Type: File, Location: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\vzl6e28o.default\prefs.js
Vendor: PUP.Optional.HomePageProtector.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:40, Type: Registry Value, Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\EXTENSIONS\{336D0C35-8A85-403a-B9D2-65C292C39087}
Vendor: PUP.Optional.Incredibar.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:40, Type: Registry Key, Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\IB Updater
Vendor: PUP.Optional.Softonic.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:49, Type: Registry Key, Location: HKU\S-1-5-21-197471672-1125381265-3554385834-1000-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\SOFTONIC\Universal Downloader
Vendor: PUP.Optional.HomePageProtector.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:40, Type: Registry Value, Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\EXTENSIONS\{336D0C35-8A85-403a-B9D2-65C292C39087}
Vendor: PUP.Optional.CrossRider.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:40, Type: Registry Key, Location: HKU\S-1-5-21-197471672-1125381265-3554385834-1000-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\APPDATALOW\SOFTWARE\Crossrider
Vendor: PUP.Optional.HomePageProtector.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:40, Type: Registry Value, Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\EXTENSIONS|{336D0C35-8A85-403A-B9D2-65C292C39087}
Vendor: PUP.Optional.WeCare.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:40, Type: Registry Key, Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\CLASSES\CLSID\{D824F0DE-3D60-4F57-9EB1-66033ECD8ABB}
Vendor: PUP.Optional.CrossRider.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:49, Type: File, Location: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\vzl6e28o.default\prefs.js
Vendor: PUP.Optional.Incredibar.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:40, Type: Registry Key, Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\GOOGLE\CHROME\EXTENSIONS\dlnembnfbcpjnepmfjmngjenhhajpdfd
Vendor: PUP.Optional.InstallIQ.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:40, Type: File, Location: C:\Users\Michael\Downloads\WiFiHotSpotCreatorSetup.exe
Vendor: PUP.Optional.HomePageProtector.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:40, Type: Registry Value, Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\EXTENSIONS|{336D0C35-8A85-403A-B9D2-65C292C39087}
Vendor: PUP.Optional.Incredibar.A, Date: 2014/05/07 15:14:40, Type: Registry Key, Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\IB Updater
===============================================================
END OF FILE

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Well, it didn't take long to find the bad news.

First an explanation of S.M.A.R.T.

S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology; often written as SMART) is a monitoring system for computer hard disk drives (HDDs) and solid-state drives (SSDs)[1] to detect and report on various indicators of reliability, in the hope of anticipating failures.

In the Speccy report the S.M.A.R.T. status is listed ad Bad.  This usually means that the hdd is facing an imminent failure.  I would suggest backing up your important data to a removable form of media, then purchase a new hdd.

The Reallocated Sector Count status is Bad. 

Edited by dc3, 07 May 2014 - 11:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users