Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft keyboard and mouse driver updates today

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kelkay

kelkay

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

Has  anyone installed the Microsoft keyboard and mouse drivers today?  I have Win 8.1  after starting up the computer today, I see I have one new security update, and two optional.  Neither the keyboard, or either of my two mice are Microsoft.  I am not sure whether to install them or not.  The security update keeps saying preparing to install, but it is taking much much longer than normal to install.  I decided to do it first, then ask about these other two.  I don't want to mess up my keyboard and mouse with an update not meant for their brand.  Thoughts please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

The drivers are not specifically for a Microsoft mouse, it's aimed at a HID - compliant mouse.

A mouse is a plug and play device, unless it is a specialized gaming mouse you shouldn't need anything other than the native Windows driver in the operating system.  That is what the updated drivers for the mouse are.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 kelkay

kelkay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

So if I get what you are saying right, I don't need it.  My keyboard is your basic Dell keyboard.  My main mouse is a Logitech marble mouse.  It is wireless.  Then for a backup I have that basic mouse they send you from Dell, with your computer.  Thank you for helping me.  :guitar:

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

That's pretty much it.  Glad to help. :thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users