Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Long time lurker, new member!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NextHopRouter

NextHopRouter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:50 AM

Hello everyone,

As luck would have it I have been hanging out on these forums for several years, just never got involved. After all this time, here I am.  

To talk a bit about myself, I am in my early 30's married, 2 girls.  I am in charge of a software development team. Currently I write (some not as well as others) PHP, CSS, HTML, Perl, Python, Java, Javascript, .Net, Ruby on Rails, and muddle in a few others. I use Linux the majority of the time, but also use Windows 7 at work. My computer is nothing special, just an old dell-hooptie laptop. 

This may or may not be relevant here, but as of late I find myself writing goodies for the Android platform. I have also recently gotten heavy into network. I recently completed ICND1, and plan to work my way up to getting my CCNP Security, eventually. 

If anyone needs help with anything let me know. I'm always happy to help out when I can. If there is a niche that I can fill don't hesitate to message me. 

Bill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

Hello and welcome Bill.. good to see you face the music,LOL and join.

We have a networking section you can look thru.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 NextHopRouter

NextHopRouter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Hello and welcome Bill.. good to see you face the music,LOL and join.

We have a networking section you can look thru.

Thanks, I will check it out.  That is my "thing" lately.  :)   I'm glad to have finally joined.  Seem's like a pretty welcoming community. Do you know, do you guys support any Android forum apps, such as Tapatalk?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

Currently we do not support Android with Tapatalk. It is something on the site owners To-Do list to review feasibility. But no time table available on if or when that will come about.

FWIW: I view the site on my Android tablet and phone with Chrome and it works quite well as a back up method.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users