Thank you NextHop, but that is what the person means, and would like help with -
Hello (can I call you Alysa, rather than your login name) -
Please follow these directions, and we will try to remove the problem ....
Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.
Close any Firefox browsers you may have open
Checkmark the following boxes:
• Flush DNS
• Report IE Proxy Settings
• Reset IE Proxy Settings
• Report FF Proxy Settings
• Reset FF Proxy Settings
• List content of Hosts
• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).
Now for a quick clean-up -
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
Please post the small log produced -
Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
NOTE : Please close or save all work, as the computer will be Rebooted
Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button. (only once)
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.
Next: Click on the Clean button (only once) to remove the selected items.
You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed.
Click on OK, and then OK again to confirm the reboot.
When cleaning process is complete a log (AdwCleaner[S0].txt ) of what was removed will be on your desktop.
Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Run Junkware Removal Tool -
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
* How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus
* Please download Junkware Removal Tool by Thisisu to your desktop.
* Run the tool by double-clicking it.
* If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8, right click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
* The tool will open and start scanning your system.
* Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
* On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
* Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
• Close any open windows, as Temp File Cleaner will close them to work -
• Double click the TFC icon to run the program
• TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
• Click the Start button to begin the process.
• Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
• The program should not take long to finish it's job
• Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine,
• if it doesn't, please manually reboot to ensure a complete clean
When finished, please post the logs and a report on how your computer is running