Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio sounds like a helicopter when coming out of hibernate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lonewolfette9847

lonewolfette9847

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

I have a ten year old HP laptop running Windows 7 which I use basically for streaming radio stations through Winamp.  I ran the most recent Windows updates over the weekend & today 3 times upon coming out of hibernate, with Winamp starting the radio streams immediately, the audio sounds like a helicopter for about 1-2 minutes, then clears up on its own.  The laptop sits atop a stereo center, with a CD on the next level under, & the tuner under that & speakers on either side.  I use a Belkin FM transmitter connected through the headphone jack to send the music to FM 88.1 as I've done for years.  The stereo set-up including laptop has not changed for years.

The laptop has a non-working disc drive & replacement battery, but has otherwise worked like a champ.  I was very dismayed to find the laptop was making the noise (although if it had been the less than two year old tuner, I'd have been downright mad).

I've tried Googling this issue but for the life of me can't figure out the proper terms to find my exact problem.  Therefore I come to you good folks to pick your brains.

Edited by hamluis, 06 May 2014 - 08:49 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:09 AM

hi,

So to be clear on this.

Your laptop is streaming audio to your speaker and tuner or seperate from your speakers and tuner? 

Was this a issue before you updated windows over the weekend? 

Did you check with HP to see if there is a hardware update for audio devices?

If there is no audio fix you can go into control pannels and use your restore points before the updates and roll your system back.  Then add one update at a time till the issue starts again.  Knowing which update it could be can help us and you look for a solution, and a fix.  To find your restore points click here for a guide.

• Also, for more help download and install Speccy click here.  (This will make a snap shot of your current system settings no personal info)
  • After it runs click File
  • Then "Publish Snapshot"
  • A box opens up click "OK"
  • Highlight and paste the link to this post. 

If there is anything else you need please ask.

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users