Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What mid range graphics card can I use with my old graphics card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adnan160

adnan160

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:17 PM

My computer configuration is as followed

Processor: AMD FX 8350
Ram : 24 GB
Current Graphics Card: EVGA Ge Force 8400 GS

I have a little knowledge about graphics card as I am not a gamer. For work reason I need a mid range graphics card with a budget 100-150 USD. I would be glad to learn about if I can add a graphics card with the older one and there are so many graphics card with this price range so what should I would be looking for. I am hoping all the expert members in this forum will help me and guide me to find me a graphics card with my current PC configuration. I bought the current graphics card just a month ago without understanding I need a slightly better one than this one and I don't want to throw it away as it will be a waste of money.

An advance thanks to everyone for taking their precious time and reply me.

Edit: Moved topic from BleepingComputer Announcements, Comments, & Suggestions to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 compnovo

compnovo

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

Here's a card that's been well reviewed and fits in your budget, and EVGA has a very good reputation.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487024

Core i7 4771 - GA-B85-HD3 - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill 1333 - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD - Toshiba 2TB HDD - Corsair 200R Carbide Case - Corsair CX600M - Windows 8.1 Pro

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

Keeping both cards won't serve a purpose, unless you are running multiple monitors, and even then may not be desired.  You may possibly be able to return the other graphics card to the point of purchase, it may be worth a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users