Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No onedrive notification icon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bytemare

Bytemare

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

I'm running 8.1 with the recent update, 8GB memory, HP Intel.  I used to have an icon for onedrive in my notification bar.  I know it was taken away but then they restored it with an update and I used to have it.  But it's gone now and I know it's supposed to be there.  I miss it. 

Onedrive shows in file explorer and when I right click on it and choose Properties, then Security, it shows that all listed have full permissions.  I don't see the onedrive host file running in Task Manager under Processes.  I have onedrive enabled in the startup tab.

How can I get it back In the notification bar?  It seems to be syncing fine. Thanks to any and all that can help me get it back.

~Bytemare

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

Hey there,

Attempt the following

• Click the white upwards facing arrow in the bottom right hand corner and click Customise...
  • In here look for onedrive. 
  • If it's there change the behaviours to show icon and notifications.
  • Then click OK.

Thanks,

Darktune

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#3 Bytemare

Bytemare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

Hey there,

Attempt the following

• Click the white upwards facing arrow in the bottom right hand corner and click Customise...
  • In here look for onedrive. 
  • If it's there change the behaviours to show icon and notifications.
  • Then click OK.

Thanks,

Darktune

Hey Darktune,

Thanks for replying.  I always change the notification bar to show all icons.  That would be a logical place to look though.  I hope someone can help me figure it out b/c I really like having the icon right there, available for me, instead of having to open file explorer.  I know I can pin it to my taskbar but I'm wondering why it's not working as it's supposed to.  I suspect it may be something that needs done in the registry but I don't know what. Ugh!

#4 Bytemare

Bytemare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

I sure appreciate any replies that try to help me. Is there anybody out there that has an answer for me? Should I post to a different forum?

-Bytemare

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users