hello everyone, hope you guys can help me.
problem: im not able to view my files on my Sandisk 8gb flash drive. i plug it in, i hear the device sound, but nothing else happens. if i go into disk management the device is there, and i also see it properly installed in device manager. ive tried my plugging in my phone (have a ext. sd card) and a external hard drive and both work just fine. i plug this flash drive into my other windows 7 pc and it pops up instantly.
What ive tried to fix issue:
1. i removed the drivers and tried to reinstall. once i uninstall and reinstall the flash drive works perfectly the first time i plug it in , but then once i remove and plug it back, im back to square one
2. ive ran drivecleaner to completely remove EVERY usb driver install, no joy.
3. ive tried changing the drive letter, no go.
4. i formatted the flash drive twice in fat32 format
5. motherboard drivers are up to date, all windows updates installed
6. i ran virus/spyware/malware scan. nothing found
Any help would be greatly appreciated (seriously, i need this working!) . thank you in advance for your time and help.
edit: just forgot to add the flash drive works properly if i boot into safe mode.
Edited by Genetic517, 05 May 2014 - 10:07 PM.