Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Had A Power Outage The Day And Now Windows Won't Boot.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jackeltree

jackeltree

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:21 PM

Some electrical men were working outside the other day when they suddenly turned off our power. The computer was on and fully booted when this happened. Now when I turn it on, it asks if I want to start it in safe mode or revert the settings, etc. Whichever option I choose (I tried them all), windows starts to boot, but then before it's finished, the computer restarts and does the same thing over again. Sometimes it asked me to insert a boot disk...the only disk that came with my harddrive is a floppy (my computer was built by a friend and has a soltek harddrive and no floppy drive). What happened and what can I do to fix it? Please remember that I'm no computer expert (I know a little bit, but not much). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Crystal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

you might try this, as soon as you start your computer ,tap F8 repeatedly
if you get a screen that gives you options , choose "command prompt only"
or how ever they worded it for yours . at the prompt type scanreg/fix
and hit enter, after it finishes completely you can either do the same with
typing scandisk or turn it off and see if it starts first if not restart F8 and
do the scandisk then.

Edited by no one, 22 May 2006 - 02:31 PM.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#3 jackeltree

jackeltree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:50 PM

Thank you, I will try this when I get home from work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users