Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Someone Keeps Remote Accessing My Computer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 garganof

garganof

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

For quite some time now I will be on the computer and the mouse starts working by itself. I shut the computer down and wait for a long time before turning it back on. I  run virus scan and it shows nothing. I thought I turned off remote access and yet it still happens. What can I do?

Edited by hamluis, 05 May 2014 - 08:16 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

G'day garganof,

Who did you grant remote access to ?

What is your operating system...vista?....win 7 ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 garganof

garganof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

It is Windows 7. I haven't granted remote access to anyone.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

Rightclick "My Computer" then click Properties.
On the lefthand side click Remote Settings.
Next click the Remote tab if it's not open.

Then....under Remote Assistance.... UNTICK Allow Remote Assistance Connection to this Computer

Then ...under Remote Desktop TICK Dont Allow Connections to this Computer.

Click Apply....and OK.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 garganof

garganof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

Condobloke, that it unticked. I do not get how they are getting access but they are.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

Besides the mouse behavior, is there anything else going on that makes you think someone is remotely accessing your computer?
Is your computer a desktop or laptop? If laptop, are you using the touchpad or an external mouse? Also if a laptop, are you placing your hands in a way that they will control the touchpad while you are using the keyboard?

#7 garganof

garganof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

It is not a laptop it is a desktop and no I am not touching the mouse. It is definitely remote access. I watch as they move around and then I shut it down. No doubt that it is remote access.

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

Thank you for the information. I just wanted to cover something basic in case you were using a laptop.

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

G'day again garganof, first a little more info......When the mouse moves around the desktop, does it open any program?.....can you take control back

by moving the mouse yourself?....does the mouse plug into a usb port, ?....wireless?....ps2? (has a roughly round end ...not rectangular like a usb connector)....???    Does the starting of this mouse behavior coincide with anything that you can remember.....problem with a program....any other type of pc problem...    ??

Please download MiniToolBox   to desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following boxes:

* List content of Hosts
* Flush DNS
* Report IE Proxy Settings
* Reset IE Proxy Settings
* Report FF Proxy Settings
* Reset FF Proxy Settings
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

GcnI1aH.jpg

#10 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

Are you still there?....you have been offline for quite a while.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#11 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

I will remove you from my watch list

You will need to start a new topic if you still require assistance.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#12 TXGDavis

TXGDavis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:41 AM

G'day again garganof, first a little more info......When the mouse moves around the desktop, does it open any program?.....can you take control back

by moving the mouse yourself?....does the mouse plug into a usb port, ?....wireless?....ps2? (has a roughly round end ...not rectangular like a usb connector)....???    Does the starting of this mouse behavior coincide with anything that you can remember.....problem with a program....any other type of pc problem...    ??

Please download MiniToolBox   to desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following boxes:

* List content of Hosts
* Flush DNS
* Report IE Proxy Settings
* Reset IE Proxy Settings
* Report FF Proxy Settings
* Reset FF Proxy Settings
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

I found this topic in a search this morning. I am having the same issue. I will be working on the computer and a window pops up that someone is seeking permission to log in remotely. I deny. later, while not watching, I come back to a log in screen, and it will not allow me to log in as it says some one else is logged in and has denied me permission. I hard restarted and started looking for a solution.

I just downloaded the Toolkit mentioned and ran it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users