Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My first build...thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DrGwiz

DrGwiz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

Here's my first build that I've been working on.  I plan on doing some gaming with it, mostly WoW, LoL, Elder Scrolls Online, and other random games I decide to get.  I wasn't sure if the motherboard I selected was good for the price or not and don't wish to put more money than I already have.  Any thoughts or input on anything I could upgrade or downgrade?  Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3ExFZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

Hallo DrGwiz and wellcome!

So no overclock.No SSD.No SLI.

The Z87 chipset is the most feature-rich chipset and is the only one to offer full CPU overclocking for supported (K-series) processors. This chipset can easily handle SLI/Crossfire configurations by allowing the 16 PCI-E lanes from the CPU to be divided into either a single x16 slot, dual x8 slots, or a single x8 plus two x4 slots.

H87 supports Rapid Storage Technology, Smart Response Technology (otherwise known as SSD Caching),
The B85 chipset is a good option for systems that need only basic functionality without the various features found in the other business chipsets.

Yes B85 Motherboard is enough.

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 05 May 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#3 DrGwiz

DrGwiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

Hallo DrGwiz and wellcome!

So no overclock.No SSD.No SLI.

The Z87 chipset is the most feature-rich chipset and is the only one to offer full CPU overclocking for supported (K-series) processors. This chipset can easily handle SLI/Crossfire configurations by allowing the 16 PCI-E lanes from the CPU to be divided into either a single x16 slot, dual x8 slots, or a single x8 plus two x4 slots.

H87 supports Rapid Storage Technology, Smart Response Technology (otherwise known as SSD Caching),
The B85 chipset is a good option for systems that need only basic functionality without the various features found in the other business chipsets.

Yes B85 is enough.

Awesome thankyou!  That helps me a ton with understanding everything as I didn't really know the difference between all of them and knew that the z87 you could overclock with which I don't really plan on doing.

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

Buy this Motherboard - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-h87g43

10$ above but with better Audio and Power Phase I think.

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 05 May 2014 - 06:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users