Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic issues when loggin in with laptop unplugged

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cruzer250

cruzer250

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

I'm not sure if this would be a hardware or a software issue as I have never come across an issue like this before.

Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 7, created my own recovery drive using Grub4dos and set up my computer just as I wanted it, installed some basic software and installed Deep Freeze. (why I took such security and backup measures, I just wanted too)

And then for the first time I booted my laptop without being plugged.

Log into windows with laptop unplugged: The screen displays as if the graphics card was going out for about 2-5 minutes.

I have no clue what can cause this. At first I thought something was corrupt or the graphics card was going out but then it fixed itself after 2-5 minutes and when I log in with my laptop plugged in it works fine. So neither make sense to me and if it were the graphics card wouldn't it display poorly from boot?

If anyone can help me get to the bottom of this it would be greatly appriciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SamX5

SamX5

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Hi cruzer250,

If you only used your laptop when its plugged in, It will damage your laptop battery. The battery if not discharged after changing  over a long period of time will cause the cells in the battery to die. 

Many battery manufactures recommend changing to 80% battery life and to recharge around 10%  battery life.

Hope this helps

AMD FX - 8320 | Asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | Asus R9 290X | 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz | Corsair rm850 | Samsung 256gb 840 | Corsair H80I | CM Storm Trooper

#3 cruzer250

cruzer250
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Hi cruzer250,

If you only used your laptop when its plugged in, It will damage your laptop battery. The battery if not discharged after changing  over a long period of time will cause the cells in the battery to die. 

Many battery manufactures recommend changing to 80% battery life and to recharge around 10%  battery life.

Hope this helps

Not really, it's not the battery, I have a great battery. It lasts more than 3 hours unplugged. Thanks for trying to help tho

#4 cruzer250

cruzer250
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

It might also be good to note that when the laptop is logged into it starts up within a snap of a finger. It doesn't lag any

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users