Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot run any antivirus software, open/empty recycle bin...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Clytemnestra

Clytemnestra

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

Hey, guys.

A couple of days ago I was looking for custom Skyrim stuff on Nexus Mods, and I found some tips to speed up/boost computer performance (Cleanmem and one other I don't remember the name of, sorry). I installed them, then I changed my computer's settings in Advanced System Settings>Advanced>Performance>Settings (I set it to "adjust for best performnace"). Shortly thereafter, my laptop blue screened (she does this often; something is wrong with her RAM. I most often get the KERNEL_INPAGEDATA message.) then booted back up to tell me that she was installing updates. She shut herself down, booted again to say "configuring updates", then let me log on.

She claims that my copy of Windows is not genuine (she doesn't say this usually. It is not wholly inaccurate, but it is... well, a very long and [believe it or not] personal story). I cannot run Malwarebytes (even after naming it Zzmbam.COM, and yes, I changed the extension to .COM) or any other antimalware programming from Microsoft (the processes show up in the task manager, but they never get past the few hundred kb stage, where they're being "summoned" as I call it). I cannot access my E: partition at all (any explorer window I open to try to access it, even through shortcuts on the dekstop, it freezes and refuses to respond). When I try to run chkdsk on that partition from an elevated command prompt window and hit enter, it moves the cursor down a line and just sits there, unresponsive outside of the blinking cursor. I cannot empty, access, or delete (with rd /s c:\$Recycle.Bin) my recycle bin. CCleaner gets stuck emptying the recycle bin or dumping various logs.

I can run Rkill (it runs successfully and creates a log, but doesn't fix the issue) HitmanPro (gets stuck anywhere between 0% and 3%, in the System32>drivers directory, no log that I know of is created), TDSSKiller (gets stuck at 0 objects, no threats found after hours of running, I can read the report while it runs, but it doesn't change), and Active@ Partition Recovery For Windows [Demo Version] (hangs on "Initializing: Looking for devices..." indefinitely.).

Day before yesterday, I shut her down and tried to boot her into safe mode with command prompt, but she got stuck while loading files after "BootDefragDriver.sys" indefinitely until we lost power. When the power came back, I tried (with the same results) booting into safe mode with networking, then plain safe mode, over and over. She would not boot. Even trying "Repair my computer" or "boot to disc" didn't get me any further than a black screen with a moveable cursor.
I finally got her to boot by enabling boot logging, then I had to log into my partner's account (also an admin) to even get into the system recovery options; I'm not sure what to do from here, outside of back up all the other files (I really need to get into E:!!) and format the hard drive, then re-install Windows. But I don't want to have to do all that.

Anyone have any ideas?

My specs:

Gateway M-Series laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Attached File  specs1.png   145.33KB   0 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 05 May 2014 - 09:40 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

Have you uninstalled the programs you installed...which precipitated your problems?

Louis

#3 Clytemnestra

Clytemnestra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

Have you uninstalled the programs you installed...which precipitated your problems?

Louis

Thank you very much for your reply.

No, to my knowledge nothing was uninstalled to cause this. If anything was uninstalled, then the computer did it by herself without my authorisation. Which is another symptom of malware, correct?
(And sorry for posting the topic to the wrong thread. And thank you for moving it; moreover for moving it kindly.)

Edited by Clytemnestra, 05 May 2014 - 09:47 AM.

#4 Clytemnestra

Clytemnestra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

Louis

I just realised that you're probably asking me if I have gone back and uninstalled the programs that I mentioned in my post. (Sorry, haven't had enough coffee yet.)

I did uninstall Cleanmem, I believe, and not sure on the other one. I can check and get back to you.

EDIT: Okay, I don't see those two programs, but I found three Microsoft Visual C++ programs installed on the same date that I did not install. They're listed as "x86". Not sure what that means. Is that the 32-bit version? My concern is that they are not legitimate and are problematic.

Edited by Clytemnestra, 05 May 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

Let's try to run these... If needed run from Safe Mode with Networking.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
    Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
    ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
  • -- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).

thisisujrt.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
  • Last run ESET.
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
  • Scan potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Clytemnestra

Clytemnestra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

Let's try to run these... If needed run from Safe Mode with Networking.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
    Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
    ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
  • -- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).

thisisujrt.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
  • Last run ESET.
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
  • Scan potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

Thank you for your reply!! I will start that process now and post the log for the first one when it finishes.

#7 Clytemnestra

Clytemnestra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

Alright, I tried running MiniToolBox; it got as far as "Listing Programs" and froze. Because of my computer's RAM issues, she bluescreened. Would you like me to try to run it again, without that selection?

(A common theme I am noticing in trying to run programs to fix the computer is that when populating lists of programs, scanning the registry, or trying to access in any way, even to scan/repair/get information about my E: partition [which means she tries to load the virtual disk service], she crashes.)

EDIT: 12:58am, 5/7/2014

Tried to run it again with the "List installed programs" selection off. It got stuck this time after listing the last 10 errors, when it was supposed to check the partitions etc.

I will try to run TDSSKiller again (I've run it before to no avail, but what the hey.) when I reboot her in the next hour.

Edited by Clytemnestra, 07 May 2014 - 01:52 AM.

#8 Clytemnestra

Clytemnestra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

Okay, I found a log file for MiniToolBox (didn't think it ran enough to have a log...). Here you go.

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 23-01-2014
Ran by Henry (administrator) on 06-05-2014 at 21:10:10
Running from "C:\Users\Henry\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate  Service Pack 1 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.

========================= FF Proxy Settings: ==============================

"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.

========================= Hosts content: =================================

========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter = Wireless Network Connection (Connected)
Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller = Local Area Connection (Media disconnected)
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter = Wireless Network Connection 2 (Media disconnected)

# ----------------------------------
# IPv4 Configuration
# ----------------------------------
pushd interface ipv4

reset
set global icmpredirects=enabled

popd
# End of IPv4 configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DowMooCow
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 06-24-2B-3E-75-E6
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-23-8B-69-56-CD

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-24-2B-3E-75-E6
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b410:6e92:c7eb:5db5%10(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.28(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, May 06, 2014 8:50:51 PM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 8:56:40 PM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.9
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.9
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 184558635
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-18-D6-B3-1A-00-23-8B-69-56-CD
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.9
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:4d3:808:3f57:fee3(Preferred)
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::4d3:808:3f57:fee3%13(Preferred)
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{70D6577E-C7CD-4222-A36D-8E17CAB0B6FC}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Tunnel adapter isatap.{C503992A-2E12-4972-820F-D8596B45A891}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter isatap.{E3BC4144-0C84-40B8-93CF-7F66D791EEA8}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.1.9

Name:    google.com
Addresses:  2607:f8b0:4004:807::1008

Pinging google.com [74.125.226.164] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.125.226.164: bytes=32 time=54ms TTL=52
Reply from 74.125.226.164: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for 74.125.226.164:
    Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 30ms, Maximum = 54ms, Average = 42ms
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.1.9

Name:    yahoo.com
Addresses:  98.138.253.109

Pinging yahoo.com [98.138.253.109] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 98.138.253.109: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=48
Reply from 98.138.253.109: bytes=32 time=136ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 98.138.253.109:
    Minimum = 80ms, Maximum = 136ms, Average = 108ms

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
===========================================================================
Interface List
 14...06 24 2b 3e 75 e6 ......Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
 11...00 23 8b 69 56 cd ......Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
 10...00 24 2b 3e 75 e6 ......Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter
  1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
 13...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
 15...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
 16...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
 17...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3

IPv4 Route Table
Active Routes:
Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0      192.168.1.9     192.168.1.28     25
        127.0.0.0        255.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
        127.0.0.1  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
  127.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
      192.168.1.0    255.255.255.0         On-link      192.168.1.28    281
     192.168.1.28  255.255.255.255         On-link      192.168.1.28    281
    192.168.1.255  255.255.255.255         On-link      192.168.1.28    281
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link      192.168.1.28    281
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link      192.168.1.28    281
Persistent Routes:
  None

IPv6 Route Table
Active Routes:
 If Metric Network Destination      Gateway
 13     58 ::/0                     On-link
  1    306 ::1/128                  On-link
 13     58 2001::/32                On-link
 13    306 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:4d3:808:3f57:fee3/128
                                    On-link
 10    281 fe80::/64                On-link
 13    306 fe80::/64                On-link
 13    306 fe80::4d3:808:3f57:fee3/128
                                    On-link
 10    281 fe80::b410:6e92:c7eb:5db5/128
                                    On-link
  1    306 ff00::/8                 On-link
 13    306 ff00::/8                 On-link
 10    281 ff00::/8                 On-link
Persistent Routes:
  None
========================= Winsock entries =====================================

Catalog5 01 C:\Windows\system32\NLAapi.dll [52224] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\system32\napinsp.dll [52224] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 03 C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll [65024] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 04 C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll [65024] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 05 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 06 C:\Windows\system32\winrnr.dll [20992] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 07 C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll [121704] (Apple Inc.)
Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 05 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 06 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 07 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 08 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 09 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 10 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 11 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 12 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 13 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 14 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 15 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 16 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 17 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 18 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 19 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 20 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 21 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 22 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 23 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 24 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 25 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 26 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 27 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 28 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 29 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 30 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (05/06/2014 08:56:06 PM) (Source: Winlogon) (User: )
Description: Windows license activation failed. Error 0x80070005.

Error: (05/05/2014 09:58:21 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: BelarcAdvisor.exe, version: 8.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x509c50b3
Faulting module name: BelarcAdvisor.exe, version: 8.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x509c50b3
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x00001bd4
Faulting process id: 0x164c
Faulting application start time: 0xBelarcAdvisor.exe0
Faulting application path: BelarcAdvisor.exe1
Faulting module path: BelarcAdvisor.exe2
Report Id: BelarcAdvisor.exe3

Error: (05/05/2014 08:29:10 PM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: )
Description: Activation context generation failed for "Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="&#x2a;",processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0"1".
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="&#x2a;",processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0" could not be found.
Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Error: (05/05/2014 07:03:45 PM) (Source: Winlogon) (User: )

Error: (05/05/2014 06:17:46 PM) (Source: Winlogon) (User: )

Error: (05/05/2014 05:21:22 PM) (Source: Winlogon) (User: )

Error: (05/05/2014 11:49:38 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 501637

Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 501637

Description: Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second

Error: (05/05/2014 11:49:37 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 500638

System errors:
=============
Error: (05/06/2014 09:01:54 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Windows Search service hung on starting.

Error: (05/06/2014 08:57:08 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: )
Description: C:\Windows\System32\slui.exe -Embedding5{F87B28F1-DA9A-4F35-8EC0-800EFCF26B83}

Error: (05/06/2014 08:55:52 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
amdxata
vmbus

Error: (05/06/2014 08:55:27 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Server service hung on starting.

Error: (05/06/2014 08:55:15 PM) (Source: atapi) (User: )
Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0.

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (05/06/2014 08:56:06 PM) (Source: Winlogon)(User: )
Description: 0x800700050x00000000

Error: (05/05/2014 09:58:21 PM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )
Description: BelarcAdvisor.exe8.3.0.0509c50b3BelarcAdvisor.exe8.3.0.0509c50b3c000000d00001bd4164c01cf68cea7eb98ebC:\Program Files\Belarc\Advisor\BelarcAdvisor.exeC:\Program Files\Belarc\Advisor\BelarcAdvisor.exee60e4f8f-d4c1-11e3-b2b9-00238b6956cd

Error: (05/05/2014 08:29:10 PM) (Source: SideBySide)(User: )
Description: Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="&#x2a;",processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0"c:\program files\glary utilities 4.9\DPInst64.exe

Error: (05/05/2014 07:03:45 PM) (Source: Winlogon)(User: )

Error: (05/05/2014 06:17:46 PM) (Source: Winlogon)(User: )

Error: (05/05/2014 05:21:22 PM) (Source: Winlogon)(User: )

Error: (05/05/2014 11:49:38 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service)(User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 501637

Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 501637

Description: Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second

Error: (05/05/2014 11:49:37 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service)(User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 500638

CodeIntegrity Errors:
===================================
  Date: 2014-05-06 21:06:08.669
  Description: Code Integrity is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\usp10.dll because the set of per-page image hashes could not be found on the system.

Date: 2014-05-06 20:53:36.007
  Description: Code Integrity is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\usp10.dll because the set of per-page image hashes could not be found on the system.

Date: 2014-05-05 19:03:03.305

Date: 2014-05-05 08:17:09.375

Date: 2014-05-05 07:39:09.105

Date: 2014-05-05 07:08:41.194

Date: 2014-05-04 21:48:48.651

Date: 2014-05-04 19:36:56.745

Date: 2014-05-02 21:40:18.448

Date: 2014-05-02 20:31:54.874

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

µTorrent (Version: 3.3.0.29342)
Active@ Partition Recovery 10 (Version: 10)
Adobe Flash Player 12 ActiveX (Version: 12.0.0.54)
Adobe Flash Player 12 Plugin (Version: 12.0.0.77)
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.06) (Version: 11.0.06)
Advanced SystemCare 7 (Version: 7.1.0)
Apple Application Support (Version: 3.0.1)
Apple Mobile Device Support (Version: 7.1.1.3)
Apple Software Update (Version: 2.1.3.127)
Arc (Version: 1.0.0.5510)
ATT 1.4 Engine Only (no voices) (Version: 1.4.0041)
Bonjour (Version: 3.0.0.10)
BOSS (Version: 2.1.1)
Celtx (2.9.7) (Version: 2.9.7 (en-US))
CEP (Color Enable Package) v.9.2 (beta) (Version: 9.2 (beta))
DAEMON Tools Lite (Version: 4.49.1.0356)
EaseUS Partition Recovery 5.6.1
GIMP 2.8.10 (Version: 2.8.10)
Glary Utilities PRO 4.10 (Version: 4.10.0.100)
Google Chrome (Version: 31.0.1650.63)
Google Drive (Version: 1.10.4769.632)
Google Drive (Version: 1.11.4865.2530)
Google Drive (Version: 1.13.5782.599)
Google Talk (remove only)
Google Talk Plugin (Version: 4.9.1.16010)
Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.23.9)
GVNotifier (Version: 1.4.3.198)
HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP (Version: 7.80.4.50)
HitmanPro 3.7 (Version: 3.7.9.216)
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Version: 8.15.10.2869)
IObit Uninstaller (Version: 3.2.9.10)
IObit Unlocker (Version: 1.0)
iTunes (Version: 11.1.5.5)
Java 7 Update 51 (Version: 7.0.510)
Java Auto Updater (Version: 2.1.9.8)
LastPass(uninstall only)
Mabinogi
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.0.2.1009 (Version: 2.0.2.1009)
MediaFire Desktop (Version: 0.10.36.9353)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (Version: 1.1.4322)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (KOR) (Version: 4.5.50938)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (Version: 4.5.50938)
Microsoft Application Error Reporting (Version: 12.0.6012.5000)
Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center (Version: 2.1.177.0)
Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In (Version: 14.0.5130.5003)
Microsoft Silverlight (Version: 5.1.30214.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.59193)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.61001)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (Version: 9.0.30729)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (Version: 10.0.40219)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) - 12.0.21005 (Version: 12.0.21005.1)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005 (Version: 12.0.21005)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.21005 (Version: 12.0.21005)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x86) (Version: 10.0.40820)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x86) (Version: 10.0.40825)
MIKSOFT Mobile Media Converter
Mozilla Firefox 26.0 (x86 en-US) (Version: 26.0)
Mozilla Maintenance Service (Version: 26.0)
Mozilla Thunderbird 27.0 (x86 en-US) (Version: 27.0)
NaturalReader95 (Version: 9.5)
Nexon Game Manager
NextUp-Acapela Elan Lucy22 UK English Voice (Version: 1.00.0000)
O2Micro Flash Memory Card Reader Driver (x86) (Version: 3.24)
OpenOffice 4.0.1 (Version: 4.01.9714)
Opera 12.16 (Version: 12.16.1860)
Picasa 3 (Version: 3.9)
PowerISO (Version: 5.7)
Project 64 version 2.0.0.14 (Version: 2.0.0.14)
Quick Solitaire 3.2 (remove only)
QuickTime 7 (Version: 7.75.80.95)
Razer Game Booster (Version: 4.2.45.0)
SimPE 0.72 (alpha)
SimPE PhotoStudio Templates 3.0 (Version: 3.0)
Sims 2 Categorizer
Sims2Pack Clean Installer
Skype™ 6.13 (Version: 6.13.104)
System Requirements Lab CYRI (Version: 6.0.8.0)
System Requirements Lab for Intel (Version: 4.5.15.0)
TeamViewer 9 (Version: 9.0.27614)
TweetDeck (Version: 2.5.3)
VLC media player 2.1.3 (Version: 2.1.3)
VT-Julie-M16-SAPI5
WinRAR 5.01 (32-bit) (Version: 5.01.0)
WinThruster (Version: 1.79)
WinZip 18.0 (Version: 18.0.11023)
Wrye Bash (Version: 3.0.4.3)
Yahoo! Messenger
Yahoo! Software Update
Yahoo! Toolbar
YTD Video Downloader 4.8 (Version: 4.8)

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 28%
Total physical RAM: 3000.92 MB
Available physical RAM: 2132.74 MB
Total Pagefile: 7299.21 MB
Available Pagefile: 6425.61 MB
Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
Available Virtual: 1940.16 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: (Heather's PC) (Fixed) (Total:111.44 GB) (Free:2.22 GB) NTFS

And that's where it froze.
So then that must be the log from the first run.

I'm running TDSSKiller again now, then going to sleep. It's hanging on "05:33:56.0237 0x0a98  KSN ping finished: true"...

For some reason my computer won't boot into safe mode now and I cannot repair my computer or boot from the installation disc. Both just give me a black screen and movable cursor.
So I'm running these programs on the regular desktop after enabling boot logging, since that's the only way she'll boot up and let me at the desktop anymore.

Edited by Clytemnestra, 07 May 2014 - 04:52 AM.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

Can you try booting into Safe Mode with Networking and then try downloading and/or running them.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 Clytemnestra

Clytemnestra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Can you try booting into Safe Mode with Networking and then try downloading and/or running them.

When I try booting into safe mode, no matter the version, it loads the drivers up to BootDefragDriver.sys and stays there indefinitely.
Speaking of indefinitely, I tried running TDSSKiller; it's been running for about 13 hours and 18 minutes, has found no threats or suspicious files,  and there's no change in its report. Should I let it continue running?

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

No ...stop it.

Run this.. 5 -10 minutes max time

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
  • Link 1
  • Link 2
    • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
    • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
    • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
    • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
    • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
    • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
  • Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.
Try is now. again this one is at most 20 mins.

Download RogueKiller from one of the following links and save it to your desktop:
  • Link 1
  • Link 2
    • Close all programs and disconnect any USB or external drives before running the tool.
    • Double-click RogueKiller.exe to run the tool (Vista or 7 users: Right-click and select Run As Administrator).
    • Once the Prescan has finished, click Scan.
    • Once the Status box shows "Scan Finished", click the Delete button.
    • Copy and paste the report that opens into your next reply.
      • The log can also be found on your desktop labeled (RKreport[X]_D_xxdatexx_xtimex)
      • The highest number of [X], is the most recent Delete

#12 Clytemnestra

Clytemnestra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

Okay, I ran RKill from the desktop succesfully. RogueKiller won't open. I double click to open it (tried "run as administrator", too), it just sits in the process list.

EDIT, 2:47am:

I'm heading to bed now. I've got an appointment around mid-day tomorrow, then I'll be free to keep hacking away at this. Your assistance is greatly appreciated, and I apologize for my delays in replying to your suggestions!

Edited by Clytemnestra, 08 May 2014 - 01:53 AM.

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

I was hoping for some clue in the RKill log.. But as you are not progressing .. I think we need to get a deeper look at what is stopping us.

Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

#14 Clytemnestra

Clytemnestra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

Alrighty. Thank you for your help.

EDIT:
I've created the new topic as requested. I will let you know how things go. Should I just let this topic die, or do I have to request that it be closed?

Edited by Clytemnestra, 08 May 2014 - 09:04 PM.

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Thank You ... I'll monitor the new one..

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.
From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.
Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRL Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.
The current wait time is 1 - 5 days and ALL logs are answered.
If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.
To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users