Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting wavy lined images on multiple scanners

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hobbes1677

Hobbes1677

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

Recently I have been trying to scan some sports cards. Unfortunately, when I try with both my relatively new HP Deskjet printer/scanner 3520 or my older Dell printer/scanner I get the same result, little wavey lines on the scanned images. The HP is wireless and the Dell is wired through usb, and both get the same result. I've tried raising or lowering the DPI on the scans, but that didn't work. 

2nhmces.jpg16itqth.jpg

These are a couple images to show what I'm talking about, notice see how it happens way more to flesh tones than anything else? What is causing this and how can I get rid of it? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

Possible copy protection?  Mainly because it doesn't look like the fabric has the issue.  Have you tried scanning something else immediately after to see if the issue occurs on different sources?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users