Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer windows sometimes missing address bar on boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Branais

Branais

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

I'm running Windows 7 x64;  I often leave two or three Explorer windows open (Windows Explorer, not IE) when I shut my system down, and notice that when I boot it up again, one or more Explorer windows will often open without the line that holds the address bar and search window.

It's not an insoluble problem;  To get a new window I right-click on the location in the folder tree on the left, choose "Open in New Window", and then close the faulty one.

But it's strange that it happens at all.  And I can't find any pattern to it;  it's not the same location, or drive, that this occurs with each time, and it's not even the order of processes (for instance, it's not, say, the third Explorer window that opens that opens as faulty).  The majority of the time, all the Explorer windows open fine, but then I'll get a session where two or even three windows are missing their address bar.  It seems completely random.  And I've never seen it happen when I open a new window with Windows-E — only when a boot opens remembered active windows.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this, please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users