Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get certain pictures to open

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nosmiley

nosmiley

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

I downloaded 10-15 pictures in 2009 ? of a can crushing machine I hope to build. They were listed as Jpg image, or JPEG. Anyway, I open the folder, and have one picture available, and a materials chart.  I also have the remaining pictures shown as small icons each looking like a page with the right corner folded. Trying to open each , I get nothing, Checking properties, I get the Kb's used to make the icon.

The original file had maybe 8 MB worth of images. I don't know when these pictures changed form.

In the past couple of months, I have tried out a few new downloaders to see how they performed. These are the downloaders used to record clips from You Tube. Like RealPlayer. I used it for years with minimum problems , but many said it was outdated, no good , etc., and in essence made fun of me for using it. I like the ease of use- Click the "download this video" block on top of the video, and it worked.

Don't know if there is a relationship.

This may take awhile, as I have tinkered with no positive results.

If my post belongs someplace else, please advise.

Windows 7  all updates except one that fails each time -- KB2949787--6.9 Mb

CCleaner,  Tweeking,  Advaned system care, Malwarebytes, Microsoft security, Combofix- haven't used Combofix for this problem.

Thank you for your support.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

I really don't think the programs you use to download videos off of youtube have anything to do with those JPG's getting corrupted, while our fellow forum member get some ideas, would you mind posting a speccy snapshot?

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users