Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon printer/scanner will not print.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 coylizard

coylizard

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

I attempted to scan a document on my MP470 Canon printer/scanner.

The printer/scanner would not scan.

I contacted a toll free Canon support number, was routed to iyogi, talked with a support fellow, and he said there was a problem with my computer.

He accessed my computer, made some changes, and now, I can force to printer/scannner to scan via computer commands but not via the printer/scanner control panel... and the printer/scanner now will not print!

Any comments or recommendations?

Thanks for the attention.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

I contacted a toll free Canon support number, was routed to iyogi, talked with a support fellow, and he said there was a problem with my computer.

He accessed my computer, made some changes...

***FACEPALM*** I certainly hope you didn't pay these iYogi clowns to trash umm repair your computer? What "changes" did "he" make? How did "he" tell you "there was a problem with (your) computer" (what problem?) BEFORE he "accessed your computer"

>>>Any comments or recommendations<<<

Yeah, don't let 3rd party high pressure sales pitchmen err "technicians" take remote access of your computer. I didn't buy the printer from iYogi & it certainly isn't an iYogi brand... I would have kneecapped the jack@$$ at Canon who tried to blow me off.

Sorry to be so harsh but this type of "support" really makes my blood boil. angry2.gif

Edited by Union_Thug, 04 May 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#3 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

Hello! Here are some suggestions from Micro$$oft!

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/scan-function-of-canon-mp470-all-in-printer-is-not/a9dadd8f-8325-4b3f-8523-9ba5dc80a0a6

#4 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

Hello! See if this helps!

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp470

#5 coylizard

coylizard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:36 PM

Thanks for the attention and the comments!

I contacted Canon on line support...

they referred me to iyogi...

iyogi support guy said my computer was "corrupted" because I use Mozilla firefox and not Internet Explorer... and suggested I pay $179/yr for online computer protection.

I declined. He was pissed!

I "dinked" around (I'm a Surgeon... not a computer guy!)... did some "troubleshooting"... found that the iyogi guy turned off the "printer spooler" (???) when he told me I could scan but not print because my computer was corrupted.

I turned the "spooler" back on.

Now I can print normally but have to prompt the printer/scanner to scan via computer prompt and not via the printer/scanner control panel.

Contacted Canon online support a second time... got another East Indian who wanted $129 to assess the situation.

I respectfully laughed and declined.

I'll live with what I have.

If I can figure out deleting the printer driver and reloading the printer driver..., we'll see.

Enough is enough.

I'm going to chess.com!

Thank again!

#6 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

That's sad! Good luck! I don't have any more suggestions for you! Do you have the installation disk??

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

If you do not have the installation disk the link supplied by donetao above includes a Drivers & Software link.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 04 May 2014 - 11:42 PM.

#8 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

If you do not have the installation disk the link supplied by donetao above includes a Drivers & Software link.

Thank you Queen-Evie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users