Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to connect to www.Nero.com

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bigoof

bigoof

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

Hello, I am about to pull my hair out.  I am running Vista Home Premium 32Bit.  I have used IE9, Firefox 29, and Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131.  I am unable to connect to www.Nero.com.  All three browsers just tell me that they can not connect to the website.  All other website appear to work just fine.  I am able to connect to www.Nero.com on my kids Windows 7 machine and also my cell phone connected via wi-fi.  So the problem is not the router or modem.  I have done all the trouble shooting I know of with the exception of manually configuring a new DNS Server which scares me a bit.  When I tring to ping www.Nero.com from the command prompt I get the default returns from 127.0.0.1which is obviously not the website.  I don't know what other information to include in this post to help with the diagnosis.  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hello, and welcome

Look to see if Nero is in your firewall settings. I would also look at your Hosts file to see if Nero is there.

#3 bigoof

bigoof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Nero is allowed though windows firewall and still is not connectable with the firewall turned off.  I went to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc hosts file and found numerous entries for Nero.com but all had the loop back 127.0.0.1 address.  Thanks for replying by the way.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

That's why you cannot connect to Nero. The entries in the Hosts file tell it to use the loopback address of 127.0.0.1 which is the local host(your own computer). Remove those entries in the HOSTS file and you will be able to connect to Nero.

#5 bigoof

bigoof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:46 PM

That did it my friend.  I really appreciate the help.  Good looking out.  Thanks a heap.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

Your Welcome. Glad it got sorted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users