Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:28 PM
It could be as simple as changing your DNS settings. Luna is based on Ubuntu so here are the instructions
for changing your DNS settings to use OpenDNS. I've used for years in Ubuntu. If that doesn't resolve the problem then
post back with a list of Add-Ons/ extensions in Firefox.
- Right-click on ‘Network Icon’ (located at top-right panel by default) and click on ‘Edit Connections’ to open Network Connections Manager
- Choose the type of connection you have. As I connect via WiFi my screenshots refer to show ‘Wireless’ however the dialogue for ‘Wired’ connections have the same options needed for this in the same places.
- Under ‘Wireless’ or ‘Wired’ highlight the connection you use (normally prepended with ‘Auto’) and click on ‘Edit’.
- Inside the editing window that opens click on the ‘IPv4 Settings’ tab
- Under ‘IPv4 Settings’, change the ‘Method’ to ‘Automatic (DHCP) addresses only’
- Put these name server addresses as your ‘DNS Servers’:
- 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
- Click ‘OK’ and reboot.
- Now visit the link below to to confirm you are using OpenDNS
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”― Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”