Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating Dvd"s

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 diylauren

diylauren

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:39 AM

hi, i have downloaded a video and have been trying burn it to dvd but with little success. i am a bit of a novice so am not sure if i have dowloaded the wrong type of file or something? i am using nero but a message came up saying something about having to have nero vision?? other messages have come up saying file not compatible etc? i dont know, i thought it would be easy?? any help would be very appreciated, cheers :thumbsup:

Mod Edit: Topic moved to a more appropriate forum ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 22 May 2006 - 01:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

Quick fix might be trying to burn it as a regular "DATA" CD. Might want to give that a whirl. If that doesn't work, post back and let us know, and we'll try to help you. It's probably something simple, just a setting somewhere. I have nero (at home), and I know that HitSquad has it, and he knows a lot more about it than I do :thumbsup:

We'll figure it out, just let us know how you fare with this first suggestion!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 diylauren

diylauren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:26 PM

hi thanks for replying to my question, i have tried what you suggested and a window came up telling me i need a video plug in to encode etc, is there any type of file i can download which will not need to be encoded???

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:38 PM

What type of file is it that you downloaded? What is the file extension on it? (.mpeg, .avi etc.)

You might want to try downloading a ".mpeg" or ".mpg" file if you haven't already. Those types of files are fairly universal, and should be able to be burned to dvd/cd with any program.

Also, have you tried to update your version of nero? It may download something it needs in the update (if there's an update available).

I'm no pro when it comes to video, so please bear with me as I try to help you!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:22 AM

To copy a movie with Nero, go to photo and video, and choose burn DVD video from files. When the page opens click on add and go to the loction of the files for your movie, click on the movie and click on add, click finished, click on next and Nero will take it from there.

If you have a problem after that then please post the exact error message you see.

If this movie is encrypted Nero will not be able to decrypt it, you will need another program like DVD Shrink or DVDFab.

Where did you download this movie from, and where did you save it to?

Edited by dc3, 23 May 2006 - 03:24 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 diylauren

diylauren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:08 AM

hi there, thanks for replying. i have just bought nero 7 premium so i am hoping that will solve my problems, if anyone has any tips on using that i would be grateful.

#7 diylauren

diylauren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:55 AM

when trying to burn a dvd from a file, it is coming up with an error message saying burning failed, i am stuck yet agagin!! please help :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users