Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to fix newly slowed internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ruddell11

ruddell11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

I recently had a PC built for me by a friend, about a week ago my computer kept crashing. I didn't know it at the time, but the reason was a fan fell out of place and the processor was over heating. Before I realized this, I kept trying to start the computer up and get it into safe mode, but of course it kept crashing. I ended up open up the case and putting the fan back in place and everything was fine again. Except I couldn't connect to the internet. My novice assumption is that I must have did something when I kept trying to restart the computer and find out why it was crashing. I did a system restore to a date a week earlier and I was able to go get back on the internet. My problem now is that my internet is noticeably slower than it was before all of this happened. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3480950195

http://www.speedtest.net/

My speed is usally much better. Week ends it is slower! Check with your ISP and see if your getting the speed your're paying for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users