Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keyboard pressing two keys at once

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ALDOooo

ALDOooo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

hello.i have a problehm with my keyboard. is TURBOX. when i press 'h' shows 'hm' .. press SPACE numlock light turns off or on. or when i press ENTER to search something. my browser makes full screen. and i have much keys with this problem.
what's happening with my keyboard. help me please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

It may need to be replaced, you could try taking apart and cleaning it.  That would allow you to see if it has membrane damage, rarely are key boards a system problem.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 ALDOooo

ALDOooo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

ah okay. thanks

#4 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:47 PM

I have had some success with using a can of compressed air & going through all of the grooves in the keyboard. Over time, crumbs, dust, pet dander, whatever is floating in the environment, gets underneath the keys & stays there.

Whatever you do, don't make the mistake that I did 6-7 years ago, using a vacuum cleaner hose to clean it, I ripped a couple of keys out. Fortunately, I found a brand new OEM replacement on eBay for $15, which at the time was cheap for a Dell Latitude D610. Dell wanted much more for the same part, like nearly $90.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users